Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT......The Experience

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 20 2011 2:15 PM (2 replies)
  • maruschak
    572 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2011 11:16 AM

Not sure if my words belong in this particular topic or not, but here goes,...I joined here in 2009,...played a short while and then drifted away until 5 weeks ago,...I continued to play solo as a rule, as I entered tournaments and never even coming close to scores I was seeing,...trying to figure out " how they can score so low". Now I realize the addition of better clubs is a good start, along with knowledge, good memory and plenty of practice.

I began to delve into multiplayer games in earnest,...suddenly realizing how much more fun it can be....I played so much that my level increased rapidly, as I was improving , even with starter clubs in my bag,...I recently broke my vow,..and bought credits , enough to improve my equipment,..consequently in 2 days I got my average down to 71.76.   My point is the "enjoyment of meeting and competing with players from all over the globe",...and just moments ago I read a post from another thread that brought to mind the idea of;its not about winning"...here's the quote I read:

I don't remember... we play quite often, so it's not really about winning anymore but instead of just spending time in good company.

-wgticon

That my friends is what it's all about!!!.......Sorry for the length of post,....Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their participation......peace to U all!!!   Jack

• Tony64
    25 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2011 1:53 PM
    Great post Maru! I agree. its all about having some fun and de-stressing after a long day. Enjoying yourself is what its all about.
  • maruschak
    572 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2011 2:15 PM

Happy to see someone agree Tony! I'm sure most here are on board with it!  I learned early on in real golf,....frustration will only add strokes to your score and a not so happy moments in life!!   :FUN".......goferit!!!!!

RSS