Forums

Help › Forums

Re: scale

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 12 2011 10:02 AM (4 replies)
  • taxi128
    1 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 10:06 AM

when you are hitting with an iron is there a way to change the distance scale.

I was 15 yards from the hole but the pin was over a small hill the scale came up 15 yrds. i hit the ball full but it only went half way up the hill i tried a second time same thing so i changed to a sand wedge to get the ball to go higher in the air but same thing half way.  I had to go to a nine iron to get the ball on the green. 15 yards and use a nine iron? is there a way to change the distance on the scale before you hit the ball.

• lovebunny1214
    5 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 6:19 PM

are you getting under the ball enough?

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 6:36 PM

There's no way to change the power scale for a particular club that is set to a particular shot (pitch, chip, flop etc.).  For more distance, you'll need to change the shot type or use another club.

Joey     

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 10:48 PM

How high up was the hill?

Add 1 Yard to distance for every 3 ft in elevation

if the pin is 21ft UP, add 7 Yards to your distance.

What was your lie?

If you are in the rough, you need to hit harder.

20% rough? hit it 8 - 10% harder

40% rough - hit 15% harder

What was the wind doing.. (over 15y it wont matter much at all) but keep in mind you need to also add distance if the wind is against you..  etc

Once you have done all that math in your head, select the club.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 10:02 AM

taxi128:

when you are hitting with an iron is there a way to change the distance scale.

I was 15 yards from the hole but the pin was over a small hill the scale came up 15 yrds. i hit the ball full but it only went half way up the hill i tried a second time same thing so i changed to a sand wedge to get the ball to go higher in the air but same thing half way.  I had to go to a nine iron to get the ball on the green. 15 yards and use a nine iron? is there a way to change the distance on the scale before you hit the ball.

hi

hitting a full shot is a bad idea. thats why we have pitch, chip, or flop shots. 1 of them will be best, depending on the actual lie and such.

-wgticon

RSS