Forums

Help › Forums

Re: what do you use for practice?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 13 2011 11:34 AM (7 replies)
  • lovebunny1214
    5 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 1:25 PM

I've fount that if i play closest to the hole for practice getting on the green it really helps me get the ball closer to the pin. i use the game type quite a bit for practice to get on the green accurately. what do you guys use for practice?

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 7:45 PM

I like to beat Yankee Jim before I take on more challenging players.

Seriously though - same idea Blitz games. Silly scoring, but nice to play with others.

• Peterellaservos
    9 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 9:49 PM

it seems strange to me that a site that actively  demonstrates a degree of fairness, still does not have a group of developers that actually play the game. Your degrees of difficulty suck and your general approach to golf would suggest that, unless performed in a room by oneself would not satisfy  any one else but yourselves. Grow up, get a brain,and stop trying to rip off the community as large....btw ,spend sometime out of your bedrooms....playing with someone else may be preferable to playing with one self

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 10:19 PM

Blitz game's for me, has greatly improved my short game.

Others load up courses,  hit a Drive, restart, hit a drive again for practicing drives

and you can deliberately miss up to 10 putts on a green to practice the breaks

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 10:24 PM

Blitz for me, change the courses and conditions around.

For putting as SHRUDE says you can miss putts to places you want to try them from and not save the game.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 6:00 AM

PeterHopper:
    I like to beat Yankee Jim before I take on more challenging players.

Heh. Lemme know when you think you can.  ;-)

The CTTH first holes each have a shot that you can turn into a good learning session. For example, the Pinehurst CTTH 1st hole is an iron shot to the green, 191 yards away. This can be a 4,5 or 6 iron, depending on the wind and ball spin. Hit/restart/hit/restart and you will get a different scenario every time and this way you can practice one shot over and over that involves 3 irons. 

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 11:06 AM

Excellent advice Jim...H

• rftech333
    2 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 11:34 AM

Then why are you here?

RSS