Help › Forums

Re: Taylormade Spider putter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:17 PM (3 replies)
  • Bikky73
    20 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 4:25 AM

Does anyone use this putter?

I'm having difficulties and don't know if its just me.

I can take some putt's and the slider bar would be overtaken by snails it goes that slow then I end up clicking far too early. 

Then other time's it flies along and I've totally missed the centre mark. 

This can even occur on the same hole causing me to putt out in 3 or 4, when I can normally make it in 2.

Other times the slider bar is a nice even speed, and might be for several holes and I get the sweet spot time after time (or right next to it), just seems to randomly speedup/slowdown for no reason.

any ideas?

ta.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 2:33 PM

I don't have the Spider and I have the same issues with the Daytona putter. Seems to me the farther you go up the putting scale the faster the meter goes.

• wldthng016400
    250 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 5:54 PM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing fluctuating meter speeds, not just with my putter but with all my clubs and we all have different putters and use different balls. Lately I feel like I'm playing musical chairs as far as meter speed........... never know what I'm gonna get. most times the meter is consistent. other times I almost drive the mouse through the desk to stop it. 

It's like Tiger woods taking his shot and at the same time someone flashes a camera........ I guess I need Steve.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:17 PM

I did use the Spider on my way up... prefered it to the Anser, but anything above the Anser is better than the Spider.

Yes, the higher on the meter you go, the faster it declines... some people use a higher range meter (say 25' instead of 15') because they stay lower on the meter, thus it moves slower.

RSS