Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is today, lose a ball day?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 15 2011 9:57 PM (8 replies)
  • pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 3:33 AM

WOW WGT, are things really that bad...it's quite amazing how a player can go so long without losing a ball and then suddenly lose 3 within 45 minutes?

Do they track the players and say "oh, you haven't lost any for a while....let's screw you today!!"

I completely understand if I play a crap shot and the ball goes way left or right into the weeds and water, but if I just miss the ding and it looks like my player is hooking the ball??

OK, I will stop crying now, you have my balls for the day, you have gotten me to buy a new sleeve, so let me play in peace now.

Thanks

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 4:16 AM

When this happens to me, not long after, I usually get a pitch in or make a long eagle putt.

They're just trying to keep the equilibrium lol.

Cheers

P

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 4:36 AM

I do not know about you but my balls are not that cheap. ROFLMAO!

• Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 5:42 AM

I've lost 3 today.  Before today in over 2 months I'd lost 3 total.  But it's all good, they were only Calloway's...

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:09 AM

pb, the poor little buggers are destined at birth. There it is, all new and shiny, your like a proud new dad. It could  happen on their first attempt to fly. They get airborne, flying like a pro, but haven't learned how to adjust to wind shears. Suddenly, and without warning, they crash into the burn. Since they are still a newborn they can't swim, so they drown. Worse yet they suffer an agonizing fate suffocating in god awful weeds. The cruelest part of being a ball is, they have enjoyed 3-4 wonderful rounds, getting the hang of the game, then pooof, a voice yells, " Time to die you old fart" and they are vaporized on the spot. And the circle of life (quite short mind you),  goes on. Every time I lose one, I take a few seconds of silence, and think, you poor little bugger you never stood a chance. RIP little ball.

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:14 AM

renniw52:

pb, the poor little buggers are destined at birth. There it is, all new and shiny, your like a proud new dad. It could  happen on their first attempt to fly. They get airborne, flying like a pro, but haven't learned how to adjust to wind shears. Suddenly, and without warning, they crash into the burn. Since they are still a newborn they can't swim, so they drown. Worse yet they suffer an agonizing fate suffocating in god awful weeds. The cruelest part of being a ball is, they have enjoyed 3-4 wonderful rounds, getting the hang of the game, then pooof, a voice yells, " Time to die you old fart" and they are vaporized on the spot. And the circle of life (quite short mind you),  goes on. Every time I lose one, I take a few seconds of silence, and think, you poor little bugger you never stood a chance. RIP little ball.

LOL

Think I should just give up for the day, just had my fourth deciding that the weeds are far more exciting than the fairway and needless to say, he never made out alive...:-(

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 9:44 AM

Just waved bye bye, to number 5 for the day....really WGT, I don't think I have lost 5 in the previous 2 months, you guys must be struggling.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 9:53 PM

pb1711:

Just waved bye bye, to number 5 for the day....really WGT, I don't think I have lost 5 in the previous 2 months, you guys must be struggling.

Keep to the fairways. Hope this helps. :-)

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 9:57 PM

LOL Piz. Game soon chief.

RSS