Help › Forums

Re: game locks up

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:28 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mefitz
    372 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 5:46 PM

Good question. Would you accept "it`s a feel" kinda thing?..j/k. I`m no expert but, I think that`s fine. I probably clear it once or twice a month and always after an update.

From what I understand, information is stored there for game play which can get corrupted after time and needs to be "re-booted" so to speak. To clear it every other day is a bit much but maybe once a week isn`t. I`ve read from WGT that after you clear it, it takes a game or two for it to restore the info needed, so to clear it Too often will just hamper the game as much as Not clearing it. I hope I didn`t mangle this explanation too much. Basically, the old rule of "everything in moderation" applies.

It`s the variation part that I don`t know enough about. For example; Does the amount of play affect it? Or is it the amount of time, period, whether you play a lot or not? Either way, I think your safe with once a month(and after updates) . If the game shows problems with loading it could be that it`s been cleared too much.   Cheers

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 10:40 AM

Mefitz has the right idea above.  Well put.

I will tell you when I clear things out... a) after any update and b) when I start to notice the swing meter burping more than the usual.

Sometimes that's once a month, sometimes that's twice a week.

So, yea, the whole "it's a feel kinda thing" is spot on for me.

Ciao!

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:04 AM

This may or may not be related but I think I should post it here. 

Sometimes when just poking around in the forums and opening a few windows in tabs, the whole window locks up and freezes, at that point you can not access anything anymore. 

It is impossible to submit a bug report because the whole screen is frozen and eventually the whole window has to be closed by task manager in windows.  It happens right at the moment a new window or tab is being opened and everything WGT freezes up. 

Good possibilty it was too many "tabs" at one time but not necessarily and it could be related to the locking up issue in the game since that is whats happening to me in forum.   

Sometimes even with only one window open the "game client" access portal (BIG PLAY NOW button on left, & play with a group button) fails to load.  This could be partly why I am getting the freeze up not sure. 

I also get the occasional zoom shot that fails to load as well and usually the first retry it loads no problem. 

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:08 AM

I clear my flash cache on a weekly basis. I clear all the web sites in the cache except for "media5.com" which is WGT's. This can actually be done every couple of days. Just simply remove each unwanted web site one at a time and leave media5 in there. The game isn't affected, and the meter stays relatively smooth. The settings all stay the same too.

When clearing the browser cache, I sometimes keep the cookies in tact so I don't have to keep logging in to my bookmarked web sites. I do however clear the whole browser after a good two weeks of web surfing. These are techniques I've learned myself and am in no way a computer wizard.

I hope this helps.

Happy hitting.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 8:04 PM

Thanks fellows cause i sure ain't no computer guy.I'm lucky I can work the mouse.lol.

Thats good advice about the feel because thats sort of what I been doing.

When the Beast gets on the loose and starts chasing Bigfoot around the golf course I go ahead and clear it.

I just didn't want to do it to much because it has been stated not to do it to often.

Sometimes my computer tells or ask me if I want to allow cookies.How exactly do you do that?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:06 PM

GITrDONE:
    Sometimes my computer tells or ask me if I want to allow cookies.How exactly do you do that?

I wish I could help you Git. I'm in the same boat as you my friend.

GL

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:28 PM

Larry:

Which browser do you use? It should be under the options. Allowing cookies for most sites is quite safe but there are a few tricky ones.

GD

• PAGES
RSS