Forums

Help › Forums

Re: be careful what you wish for....

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:24 AM (9 replies)
  • ChipGreens
    1 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 12:30 PM

I have been playing this game for a while. I enjoy being able to compete against players around the world, and friends.This is one of the best virtual golf games I have played.

I like the fact that you can pay to upgrade your equipment, or keep playing for free. The issue I need help with is I just got promoted to Tour Pro. SWEET! Finally..Then I quckly realized that now my free clubs can't compete with the added distance, and my stats and scores are dropping quickly (almost as quickly as my enjoyment for the game it seems)..

I realize that WGT is a business and trying to make money, but I am not prepared to spend 20-60$ minimum on clubs just so I can continue to play.

My question is: Can you drop back down to pro? Are there other free clubs out there that will support the new distance, or will I have to start a new account everytime I reach tour pro status???

Please let me know!!

• titus1919
    130 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 7:11 PM

I play with masters that have the starter sets. I have spent no money and have upgraded all of my clubs and bought balls.  You have to watch alot of videos and take surveys. But my Driver was 150 cr and it hits 245.  My wedges wher 110cr and they can stop a ball on a dime.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 6:29 AM

ChipGreens:
    My question is: Can you drop back down to pro? Are there other free clubs out there that will support the new distance, or will I have to start a new account everytime I reach tour pro status???

In order:  No, once you elevate a tier you can not drop back down.

No, there are no other free  clubs.  If you don't want to spend any money to improve your game, you'll just have to get used to figuring out how to get around with those, because...

No!  In fact, creating a new account is a violation of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you signed up for the site, and will result in a permanent ban.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 7:08 AM

JaLaBar:
    No!  In fact, creating a new account is a violation of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you signed up for the site, and will result in a permanent ban.

if that was true, you would probably have 100,000 less members today

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 1:02 PM

ChipGreens:

I have been playing this game for a while. I enjoy being able to compete against players around the world, and friends.This is one of the best virtual golf games I have played.

I like the fact that you can pay to upgrade your equipment, or keep playing for free. The issue I need help with is I just got promoted to Tour Pro. SWEET! Finally..Then I quckly realized that now my free clubs can't compete with the added distance, and my stats and scores are dropping quickly (almost as quickly as my enjoyment for the game it seems)..

I realize that WGT is a business and trying to make money, but I am not prepared to spend 20-60$ minimum on clubs just so I can continue to play.

Please let me know!!

No, you can't move backwards.

Yes, there are other ways to earn credits. Watch the free videos for 7 credits a day. Will take you about 175 days or more for a 1/2 decent upgrade.

Or do as I did and do the crappy surveys that may or may not pay off. Be prepared to spend lots of time taking the "qualifiers" for the surveys and then not qualifying at all. But after all was said and done, it was well worth it since the free clubs really aren't worth even being free.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:16 PM

x1524807:
    if that was true, you would probably have 100,000 less members today

And I for one would be happy they were gone.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:56 PM

Keep an eye on the "earn free credit" offers. I've never bought credits, but by signing up for some offers I've been able to get all the clubs and balls I want. For example, when my anti-virus subscription expired, I got it here -- had to pay for the subscription, of course, but I had to get it anyway, and got 1,250 credits to boot.  You can buy a domain name for like $8 and get 2,500... Just an example, but right there is a full set of clubs. Or sign up for a book club, get 4 books for $4 and 2,500 credits -- just buy a few more (cheap) books within a year.... there are good deals to be had. 

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:56 PM

ChipGreens:

Please let me know!!

i can't play for credits, wrong state, took surveys till i turned blue, seldom qualified, then it hit me.  why not have my wife shop for my birthday, christmas, anniversey, fathers day gifts from the pro shop!!!, with my guidence of course.  so far i have everything i can get or want for equipment.  my wife says it's cheaper than wal-mart, no returns, nothing broken, it all fits, and i'm a happy camper.  an ideal situation for me.  hope you find a way,  good equipment in the upper levels make it fun again.  my nickle...

• ChronicDiarrhea
    545 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 6:33 AM

Simply brilliant Lee!  Have your wife pay for all your gear on WGT for all those birthdays, holidays, Father's days, anniversary, etc...

This is the BEST advice I have ever recieved in these Forums!

Thanks for the exceedingly excellant idea, Lee.

Regards,

-CD

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:24 AM

LMAO. If Sharon plays her cards right she won't have to lift a finger to do anything around the house.  :-D

@Sharon-Stocking stuffer idea-----nickles.  ;-)

RSS