• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 8:45 AM

this still boggles my mind

playing legends makes the wind work, 80% of the time

playing with anyone else....... its a SWAG

so when do use use a SWAG or actually play the wind

yes i know the wind doesnt blow through the trees but playing treeless 

courses and you have a 20 mph crosswind, play for it and the ball goes where you hit it

kind of a bummer.

pls pls anyone?

-G

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 2:10 PM

The wind in this game is a crap shoot. Sometimes it's right and most times wrong, just a big guess and a gamble.

• rlsdsurfer
    23 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 9:10 AM

I am a retired programmer. I see the variations in the wind, YOU CAN NOT nail the wind speeds do to the deliberate manipulation by the programmers. Which as a player is really beginning to piss me off. I need to stop playing this game. FYI, it is designed to get you to buy things, period! The more items/credits you spend on items the more accurate the program variables become. Note players scores and equipment. The ones shooting in the low 50's have it all, clubs, balls, clothes, etc....It is a business, there for controlled like any business!

• Royboy1946
    1,847 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 6:31 AM

i'M IN TOTAL AGGREEMENT.

I JUST PLAYED BACK9 ST ANDREWS....27MPH LEFT TO RIGHT, BALL WENT WHERE I AIMED. NO WIND.

NO WIND. NO WIND. NO WIND.

ALL I CAN SAY, IS I WISH  I HADN'T BEEN SUCH A NIEVE MUPPET BY GETTING HOOKED ON IT.

OH. AND THE NIKE BALL 450 CREDITS HAHA LMAO

NOW I'LL SIT BACK AND WAIT TO GET STUFFFED LOL

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2012 4:30 PM

Found this in the terms and conditions.

The conditions in the game (wind, ground conditions, green speeds) may vary during play. WGT assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any outcome of a game or tournament due to these conditions.

RSS