Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hello

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 27 2011 5:00 AM (2 replies)
  • TallTiger
    4 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:02 AM

I've been here about a week.  Enjoyed this game better than golfstar.  I have a few questions.  Do you suggest I pay for some points and upgrade my equipment?  Do I need to follow wgt's suggestions on what to play?

Thanks!

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:32 AM

TallTiger:

Do you suggest I pay for some points

No, not yet anyway, I suggest you go through the 'Get Credits' - 'Earn Free Credits' route first. See if you can do the surveys, watch the videos for a few credits a day, see if there is any offers you already do/use and take advantage of them. Try earn as many credits for free first as you may lose interest in the game after a couple of weeks...who knows!

TallTiger:

upgrade my equipment

Again, not yet. Play more ranked rounds and some Alt.shot/Matchplay and get those XP levels up (experience point levels). That way you release the better equipment while also hopefully improving to take advantage of it.

TallTiger:

Do I need to follow wgt's suggestions on what to play?

You don't need to but following there suggestions gets you a few extra XP points which again unlocks equipment.

Only my suggestions, hope they help.

Cheers

P

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 5:00 AM

Pryke gives good advice. Take it a step further and pretend there is no such thing as upgraded clubs. Play with what's free and play like you did the other game. This way you can learn the game as it is and see if it's worth the effort while acquiring the necessary skills to succeed here. Then start looking at your equipment options. See what's out there and what it would take to get it. You can earn credits here in various ways or just plain buy them. 1 credit=1 cent. Buying works for most because you don't need to spend a fortune to get good here. You can't buy your score, you need to work at it.

WGT suggests things to help you get started. So do a lot of the good players here in the forums. Just about any aspect of the real life  game is covered as it applies to playing here. Ultimately it's up to you to figure out what works and that will only happen if you apply yourself, practice, ask questions and submit to the addiction. One hell of a lot of fun. GL.  :-)

RSS