Help › Forums

Re: Tournament - Putting Challenge - similar to CTTH Format

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 25 2009 8:22 AM (2 replies)
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:29 AM

Good Afternoon...

I would like to see a Tournament format involving a putting challenge - maybe similar to the CTTHes where there are 9 putts to try on 9 different greens.  If it is a CTTH format, certainly scoring would be measured in inches.

The idea would be 9 different putts to make - of varying length, difficulty and complexity.  Some are straight some have a single break others have multiple breaks or possibly off of the Fringe etc.  You get ONE PUTT.

Some things to consider:

-  Make it a Single Play - each WGT Member gets his one best shot at it..  Presumably with the WIND out of play in this challenge, Multiple Plays would lead to certain individuals VERY QUICKLY "engineering" (via continual restarting)  9 perfect putts with overall scores of 0.

OR

- If it is an Unlimited Play, vary where each putt starts from so that it is never the same and can't easily be engineered.  FOR EXAMPLE:  . Challenge Number 1 might ALWAYS be a 24 foot putt BUT it may start ANYWHERE (randomly assigned by WGT) in the 24 foot radius around the hole.  Players MIGHT "engineer" perfect putts for a hole or 2 BUT doing it for 9 with all the possible combinations would be virtually impossible.  This variance in starting position from hole to hole and round to round would accomplish some "randomizing" and unpredictable challenges for a Putting Challenge similar to the way the WIND randomizes the other challenges.

I (half-jokngly) suggested WGT Miniature Golf in a thread last week.  THIS idea in THIS thread is the more realistic "version" of that same thing.

Would be interested to see this sometime - and glad to see the recent "exploration" into the Multi-Round Tourneys.

Best Regards, AtlantaCoaster

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 8:21 AM

Hey Atl Coaster I just seen this and think its a good idea,a really good idea.I see all the time someone mention a putting green,I have made an inquiry about it myself.Everything you stated will work just fine,I don't see a need for me to suggest any changes to your format.

The best thing about the idea is that it will kill two birds with one stoner.It will add another challenge and a putting green (so to speak) at the same time.Great idea A.C.

Merry Christmas,

Larry

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 8:22 AM

Forgot to click on the Email me button before posting.

That is all........

RSS