Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wordsmiths -- Alliteration

Tue, Aug 30 2022 3:58 PM (5 replies)
  • JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 7:06 AM

Wordsmiths

Finding myself somewhat bedridden for the time I thought I would try my hand at writing as many words beginning with the same letter in a sentence. The silly idea for this is a consequence of recalling the movie scene in V for Vendetta when V (Hugo Weaving) meets Evey (Natalie Portman) for the first time. Painkillers may be in play here, but I took a shot to see what I could come up with. It took me approximately five minutes to write and much longer (given my obvious challenged math skills lol) to calculate the final alliteration tally of Ps to Total Words 😊Knowing there are many excellent wordsmiths and fans of alliteration here in the Forums I’d love to see how others do—not necessarily a competition, just for fun. Wishing all a beautiful day and enjoyable time on WGT—the best virtual golf platform in the known universe. Cheers, Jessica (OfCourse)

My Letter of Choice – “P

Practicing prolixity and playing on the pejorative phrenology of the platform’s participants, pigeonholing the physical piety of phenomenal prejudices prayed precedingly and perpetrated by perturbed, persistent, pernicious platitudes professed by plundering proclamations by perfectly prescient phony philosophers presenting plausible, yet plastic portrayals of plenteous pedestrian prosaisms and a plethora of platonic pledges of pleasure and peculiar pimping of pillorying piles of prodigious plumes of pious, public persuasion placed prostrate pleasantly and presently propounding and pronouncing propitious propinquity prosaic prose proportionally, parallel possessing prophetically, properly propagated prosthetic poppycock of preoccupied, prosperous propaganda.   *

Totals:

Prorated “Ps” to Total Words:   91 Words – 69 “P” to 22 Non-Ps … 75%

*All the characters and events depicted are fictitious. Any resemblance to a person living or dead is purely coincidental

• HamdenPro
    2,468 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 1:22 PM

There is no way I could write like that,

Not even going to try, because I am a Cat.

It is very impressive, what you wrote,

The idea I could do that is so remote.

Rather than try, I just want to say

I read your profile page today,

Best wishes are in order, oh what joy

Congratulations, IT'S A BOY!!!

Image result for congrats on baby boy clip art

• Yiannis1970
    3,284 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 1:31 PM

That's a great text to try out the best pop up filter out there!!!

• JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 2:40 PM

HamdenPro:

There is no way I could write like that,

Not even going to try, because I am a Cat.

It is very impressive, what you wrote,

The idea I could do that is so remote.

Rather than try, I just want to say

I read your profile page today,

Best wishes are in order, oh what joy

Congratulations, IT'S A BOY!!!

Image result for congrats on baby boy clip art

LOVE YOUR POETRY!!!!!! Everything you do is so wonderful! And thank you--three is the max, Dr. J finally has another male in the household lol! We are all very happy, doing great! Wishing you and yours all the best! Jessica

• JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 2:42 PM

Yiannis1970:

That's a great text to try out the best pop up filter out there!!!

LOL! I think I write better than rap , but I always keep all options open! Best, Jessica 

• HamdenPro
    2,468 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 3:58 PM

JessicaOfCourse:
    And thank you--three is the max,

My mom had three, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

RSS