Forums

Help › Forums

Re: My Country Club Debacle

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 13 2022 12:08 PM (3 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,042 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2022 8:07 AM

I have been in and out of far too many country clubs. I know I have caused frustration and confusion to those club owners, directors and members. It was rare that I left a club for a good reason. My greatest regret are the good friends I've lost because of this. I'm doing a lot of sole searching trying to figure out why I'm so flighty. What I do know is that this will never happen again. To all of you who have witnessed my antics, my most sincere apology. 

Jim

• BPeterson8256
    2,910 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2022 8:47 AM

Slimjim001:

I have been in and out of far too many country clubs. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with changing country clubs as often as a person wants. The only caveat being following through with current obligations/promises before moving on.

Slimjim001:

My greatest regret are the good friends I've lost 

You only lose friends if you "unfriend" them. Any "friend" that gets mad because you like trying other clubs is not a friend to begin with.

On a personal note, I have always enjoyed our friendship and game play. I hope to play again sometime.

Cheers

Brett

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2022 8:48 AM

Slimjim001:

I have been in and out of far too many country clubs. I know I have caused frustration and confusion to those club owners, directors and members. It was rare that I left a club for a good reason. My greatest regret are the good friends I've lost because of this. I'm doing a lot of sole searching trying to figure out why I'm so flighty. What I do know is that this will never happen again. To all of you who have witnessed my antics, my most sincere apology. 

Jim

"... this will never happen again.."

One should never say never, Jim...lol   If it makes you feel better, you certainly have earned my respect from your insightful postings in the forum. I would suggest that many others in here feel the same way.

cheers,

ct

• SamSpayed
    4,998 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2022 12:08 PM

Slimjim001:

Jim, you've been a member of my CC twice and left twice.  Both times I wished you the best and I meant that.  No frustration or confusion here.  

I think it's up to each of us to try to figure out where we'll be happiest, and pursue that.  This is, after all, a game, and it's supposed to be fun.  

RSS