Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The 299 yard Drive and the 4 inch Putt.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 16 2011 3:20 PM (3 replies)
  • Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2011 3:09 PM

I hit more of these shots than any other, and I must have hit 20,000 shots or so.

Do you all find the same. If I shoot level par or a couple under then these 2 shots will figure prominently in my stats if they could be displayed.

The very occasional good round of 4 or 5 under will happen perhaps one time in 10 attempts, and there will be no 4 inch putts involved.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2011 4:23 PM

Well the 299 drive thing no but have lots of putts that miss by inchs. Just finshed the weekly repeatable for example. Had 3 Birdies & 1 bogey. But I had 4 biridies left within a ft. I look at as I am gettin way better but the frustration goes up because you get so close so often now. You cant hit them all and you wait for a day where everything is dropping. GL! & HF!

Mes.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2011 4:52 PM

I find, (this may just be me, keep in mind)  that I miss more putts by just a few inches when I try to be to exact on putt distance.  Leaving a 1 or 2 foot return putt isn't too bad so when I putt, adjusting my distance to be a tad long leaves fewer misses by inches.  I am more upset that I leave them short when I miss than running it by a foot or so.  Atleast I gave it a chance is what I tell myself.

YMMV

• Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Wed, Nov 16 2011 3:20 PM

You are bang on hpurey i think, that is what is wrong , a 2 foot return is no problem, so thanks for reminding me, get the distance and PLUS 2.

EUREKA !

RSS