Help › Forums

Re: Match Play Update Mobile To PC

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 30 2022 2:47 AM (2 replies)
  • Mike19781978
    17 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2022 6:49 PM

Hello,

I seen some updates about the match play with interchanging with players that only use mobile device vs playing on a PC or Laptop.  I think it was restricted to just letting me play 1 mobile person online and nobody else mobile while I was on my laptop.  Has things been updated now to where I can use my laptop and I can have 2-3 other online players that use there Iphones play against me all at once?

Thank you!

Mike

• MarchieB
    1,529 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2022 9:53 PM

The only thing that has changed is that the Match Play option (9 or 18 holes, 2 Players) has been added to the Mobile App version. So now you can have cross platform Match Play games (PC vs Mobile)

The other multi player games (3-4 players; Stroke, Alt shot, Skins) were not changed and are still limited to PC players only.

• YouLostToALoser
    198 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2022 2:47 AM

MarchieB:

The only thing that has changed is that the Match Play option (9 or 18 holes, 2 Players) has been added to the Mobile App version. So now you can have cross platform Match Play games (PC vs Mobile)

The other multi player games (3-4 players; Stroke, Alt shot, Skins) were not changed and are still limited to PC players only.

Do you know if this will change in the future, or not?

I play mobile as I stumbled across it on my IPad and was intrigued by the realism of the course and the experience that comes with that, being an avid single figure handicap golfer. So these courses are all on my golfing ‘bucket list’, so this was an opportunity that came up and hasn’t disappointed. 

⚠️ Tangent, veering off into rants and pleasentries, but intended as tongue in cheek, but it’s all real and help would help a lot after a very, very difficult 2+ years, as we all have I recognise, with my ex girlfriend dying by her own hand, my business partner and friend of 25 years+, since I was barely a teenager dying and the business being wound up, which I’m trying to revive with half the assets being given to his estate of which I had no stake in. And on top of that, as they both had funerals during lockdown measures were in place, I couldn’t attend either. But I feel myself lucky that I knew these people and I have this community, amongst other things, which are all enabled by my truly great small, but tight family. 

So...

In fact the opposite as I have become hooked, but lack the funds to pay for the credits to stop using high end balls a limitation on the amount I can play, even with the TP5 (L92) at 650cr per pack of 3.

I would love to be able to join in the multiplayer rounds I watch on Twitch etc, mainly Young46 and his crew as he’s the most available top ranked player who posts a lot with all the player he plays being either Tour Champions or Legends+ who areat lower levels but have obvious talent. 

But my mobile status stops that atm, and my laptops have all stopped working, and the expense is too great for the payoff.

The IPad i’m on now is 6/7 years old, but lacks memory etc. I upgraded to the latest one in the sales of Xmas 2020 into 2021 as that expense worked out financially. 

If only I had the balls, not just in game, but metaphorically, to play in paid tournaments, risking my precious credits (which I have watched 75 ads everyday for 18 months+ with a break due to Covid and then out of habit for a month). 

Because of this, and some dubious choices of buying aperel, mainly Puma, that has taken up most of my earnings (~$90, thus 9000 credits) to date.

I only wear Travis Matthew stuff, for the main part, so about 4000 credits have just gone to waste, I’m afraid. That’s 18-21 balls, which is at least 60 rounds of 18 holes, or 120 9 hole rounds I can’t play to have a nice wardrobe collection. 

Advice to new players, find a good top, pants and shoe matching, with a hat and glove that you feel good with and stick to it, switching it up, if need be, when you can comfortably afford to. In my defence, when I got most of the gear I don’t use anymore, the Travis Mathew stuff wasn’t available. So I have used most, and some, like the skeleton suit and European team kit, will be used in future. But the majority will never been seen on my avatar by anyone, including myself.

Shopping addiction in the WGT Pro Shop is a real thing and I want to bring some attention to it as it affects your game, which affects you, and thus your nearest and dearest. 

It’s time we talked about this. No but seriously, it’s easy to get carried away, so it’s serous in terms of the game, but in reality, it’s pretty ridiculous ;-)

Any donations can be gifted to ‘YouLostToALoser’ on the WGT mobile app or on PC. All donations will be carefully used, and will be open for full transparency on this website on the ‘YouLostToALoser’ page.

Thank you all for being so generous to an up and coming talented, yet poor WGT player. I’ll post my gifts and who sent them on my blog, but only with the consent of the person who made the gift. 

WGTChampion replied in a livestream when I asked him for some balls, and I quote “...you will not be disappointed.”

Do I have the moral authority to be disappointed with no balls being sent after several weeks?

Pity, as I really like the guy (or gal) based on several interactions we’ve had in the past. And that goes for the overwhelming majority of the WGT players and staff I’ve had the pleasure to interact with. So thank you all, and Happy New Year. May 2023 be the best year of your, and your loved ones lives, and, in the spirit of Christmas, the best for your enemies in that they become better people and don’t do the stuff that made you dislike them in the first place.

Cheerio!

RSS