Help › Forums

Re: Chipping/pitching and surface speeds

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 9 2023 7:49 PM (2 replies)
  • Matt48224
    42 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2023 9:31 AM

Hey everyone, 

I’m finding that of the few things in the game that still really frustrate me, chipping and pitching might be the worst. If I don’t get the ball past fairway and fringe, it nearly stops dead on those surfaces. If I hit hard enough to get past them…it’s like the ball is now rolling on a green made of glass sprayed with WD40. Away it goes like a top fuel dragster. Adding spin does not seem to help. Better spin balls may help? I’m using the cheap WGT spin balls, which seem to spin fairly well on approach shots, but act like ball bearings when chipping.

Any tips?

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2023 11:41 AM

Better ball and wedges help, chipping on t12/c13s is tuff stuff no matter what.

• tnivka
    132 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2023 7:49 PM

Observations from a mediocre player: 1) I have a mortal fear of chipping. I think I'd rather get married again than hit a chip.. 2) My bag is wedge-heavy and I use high-spin balls. But if I'm in the rough, I don't even bother with backspin 'cause I can't get it to work. 3) If I'm in the kitty-litter, I like to flop with full backspin. I find the shot slides well to the right, so I aim left considerably.  Good luck, and my condolences on your addiction.

RSS