Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Which Putter ?

Sun, Nov 20 2011 2:04 AM (8 replies)
  • Mallyally
    16 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 3:19 PM

I have been watching the vid's and am nearing 400 credits for a new putter. That gives me the option of the Ping or the Spider. I use the limitless balls as I cant afford others and save up for upgraded gear, so which would you advise ?

Thanks in anticipation

M

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 3:29 PM

The Spider's not much better than what you're using. The Ping was the first putter I used and was never sorry for getting it. It's a Junior Redwood and served me well.

Word of caution-you're not buying putts, you're buying a better putter. Give yourself  time to learn it  and you will be happy.  GL

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 4:33 PM

I use the Daytona, used the Redwood for a while. Both great putter products. Nevertheless, it seems, at times, I made more putts with the free rider. But one size does not fit all. I played an alt-shot against a 63 ave player who was using the freebie and she made everything. 

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 4:43 PM

I'd upgrade your wedges first. also, get some of the 10 credit balls with spin

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 4:59 PM

I would choose the Ping instead of the Spider. Quite a few good golfers are using the Beginners Putter.. Something to think about.

Cheers

Roger

• Mallyally
    16 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 1:35 AM

Thanks for the advice. I've ended up going for the wedges as their cheaper and the suggestion is I wont get much more benefit from a better putter.

I've got the level 41 Taylormade Z Satin 58 + 60 and I will have the lob wedge soon.

Thanks again

M

• TIGGERIFFIC
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 3:22 PM

A little off topic but I was in similar position and just actually bought the Ping putter. For the firts 2 games i played it had the breakdown in the distance meter (as it states it does) and now it doesn't have the % increments. Is this normal or why did i lose them?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 6:07 PM

TIGGERIFFIC:
    now it doesn't have the % increments. Is this normal or why did i lose them?

That sounds like the Putter Pal. It probably came free with the putter for a certain number of putts to introduce you to it. If you liked it you can get it by the number of hits in the Pro Shop.

FWIW, when I had that putter I used the technique laid out in the Putting Tips-the avatar move method. I still use it to this day and it all started with that putter.

• TIGGERIFFIC
    2 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2011 2:04 AM

Oh ok thanks sounds like you are right. yeh just checked out the vid re putting and movement re putter. Cheers.

RSS