Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Flag-motion with wind option gone?

Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:54 AM (6 replies)
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:26 AM
    Sorry if this was already covered, but couldn't find anything about it... Since I cleared my flash cache after the update, the flags don't wave in the wind anymore. I've always used the flag's motion as a quick visual reference. Others have told me that they DO have motion. I can't find the option we used to have to turn motion on/off. Has this option selection been moved or taken away completely? thanks.
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:29 AM

Looks like it was removed.  Probably by accident since your old setting still seems to be valid.  I set flags to no motion a few weeks ago myself.

What if you clear your flash cache?  Normally that would reset the in-game options and might reset the flag animations too.  I think they were on by default.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:32 AM

The option is still available. go to the main menu >my settings> game options> display 

You will see a scroll bar on the right hand side that you can drag down and the flag option is at the bottom.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:33 AM
    Thanks niv... will try clearing the cache again... weird though... i've always had mine set to be waving in the breeze... will get back with results.
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:33 AM

WGTadmin2:
    You will see a scroll bar on the right hand side that you can drag down and the flag option is at the bottom.

Ah, so there it is.  It's so tiny I didn't even notice it!  (not what she said)  =)

• garyk49
    2,327 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:49 AM

I noticed the flag situation and also background loading turned off after 1 of the updates, think maybe it was done on purpose(then again maybe not) to help the meter.  I didn't have background turned off before that update.

Gary

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:54 AM

Oh geez... sorry... Thanks guys! (... and I went and uploaded a pic of my limp one to post here when I got back - ummm... not what she said, either.) ;()

edit:... and after finding the button... we have motion! :)

RSS