Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WOW stopped by the Bell

Sun, Dec 11 2011 2:15 AM (9 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 7:57 AM

LMAO, was just finishing a CC Tourney. Hit the final putt on nbr 9, ball was dropping in the hole and the tourney timed out at 10:38. No great score to brag about, but, I had 100% GIR and 100% fairways hit. Did not receive any xp's for the game or stats. I do believe my callaway Z was charged with 18 hits though. Final putt was all ready hit, I think that round should have been recorded. Has any one else had this happen?

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 8:22 AM

You mean this message.  Yup, been there done that. Ball was on it's ways and the buzzer rang.  I guess times up means times up.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 8:39 AM

Yep - happened to me Monday morning (I can never figure out the time difference!).

The least WGT could do is give you the points for finishing the round, plus any awards or stat improvements you may have earned.

Like you say, they are quick enough to decrease your ball durability.

Cheapskates!

Sean  

• HacMcDuffer
    1,094 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 8:56 AM

Me too.....but from what I have come to understand is this.......if you start the tourney within the time limits..... you are allowed to play it up till the last putt is about to drop. The time has probably run out during your round. The last putt will not drop as then your score would be valid. They let you keep on loosing balls and hitting away the life of the ball while all the time you have no chance of posting a score as the clock done struck 12. I suppose it has to be this way as WGT has no way of telling when you start how long it will take you to complete the round.

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2011 5:33 PM

HacMcDuffer:

Me too.....but from what I have come to understand is this.......if you start the tourney within the time limits..... you are allowed to play it up till the last putt is about to drop. The time has probably run out during your round. The last putt will not drop as then your score would be valid. They let you keep on losing balls and hitting away the life of the ball while all the time you have no chance of posting a score as the clock done struck 12. I suppose it has to be this way as WGT has no way of telling when you start how long it will take you to complete the round.

The 1st time it happened to me I was watching my clock and I swear I only missed it by a matter of seconds.  Just recently I tried to squeeze one in and was off by about 6 minutes. Yet it let me play all the way up to the last shot.  So everything H McD posted makes sense now.  I guess you need to know how much time it takes to play a round and if the timer is too close to your magic number then don't play it.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2011 5:43 PM

my original post said that the putt was hit, final putt on the last hole, ball was dropping in the hole and it said time out. Pretty chicken *** as far as losing everything except the wear and tear on the ball.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2011 6:15 PM

And, of course, waiting until the 11th hour has nothing to do with it.  ;-)

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2011 9:42 PM

This is one of those live and learn lessons life throws at us.  As YJ alludes, it is really our own fault for trying to get 1 in as the buzzer sounds.  Its happened to me more than once and I'll step up and say it is my own fault for trying to beat the clock when I knew chances were slim I'd be able to accomplish the feat.

Great thing about this community is that those that follow can learn from our mistakes with enlightening posts like this renni!

Keep on keeping on!

Lashe

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2011 10:21 PM

bluescouse:

Yep - happened to me Monday morning (I can never figure out the time difference!).

We're 8 hours ahead at the moment.

• labordayk
    389 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 2:15 AM

morrisday:

Time has come today!

Okay, I think I get the time thing -

• WGT Play Time = UTC or GMT
    • WGT Tournament Time = Pacific Time (PST or PDT?)
    • 12 hours = too long to play an RG
    • 1 week or 1 month = too short to play a regular tournament
    • 90 seconds = must be a cheater

chicago:

chicago:

Does anyone really know what time it is?

Does anybody really care?

25 or 6 till 4

I'm in CST at the moment.  The same as Chicago.

Oh, and it's 5 o'clock somewhere.  And it's 420 somewhere, too.

RSS