Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 2023 Andyson Memorial

Thu, Jul 4 2024 11:58 PM (496 replies)
  • TdotDoba
    2,168 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2023 8:43 AM

Thanks Mio and team for picking this up and running it. (golf clap).

As always a real pleasure to take part and a big cheers to Dennis.

Dotty

• RoggRR
    593 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2023 6:52 PM

Congrats to winners, cheers to all players.

Thank you Mio for organization. Hope we will play this again, the next year.

• RoggRR
    593 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2024 3:14 PM

It would be nice to know if the next one (9th) memorial tournament can happen.

Mio did great work the last year.

• amateur4sure
    2,210 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2024 5:07 AM

RoggRR:

It would be nice to know if the next one (9th) memorial tournament can happen.

Mio did great work the last year.

Mio did an exceptional job indeed, I too would love to see this continue although I can only imagine how hard and Time consuming to run it would be, Either way hats off to Mio for keeping Andyson going, That bugger is always in Our Hearts & Minds.

• RoggRR
    593 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2024 10:51 AM

RoggRR:

The 1st Memorial tournament started in October 2016. PaulTon was doing the tournament moderation.He did it next year tho. Bill (Shedlite) did it over the next 5 years.

... the last year Mio did the moderation.

The tournament usualy starts in August. We will see how it gonna be this year.

• HamdenPro
    2,435 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2024 5:08 PM

I am pleased to advise there will be a 2024 Andyson Memorial Tournament organized, once again, by MioKontic.

Keep your eyes open for a new thread coming soon!

• MioKontic
    4,621 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2024 11:58 PM

I had it in my head that Andy passed away at the beginning of August 2016, so I was planning on starting up the signups in a couple of weeks time.  But I've now realised I was wrong and it was beginning of July 2016 (the WGT community was only made aware in August 2016, hence the confusion), so I will get this up and running asap.  I have stopped playing (since the last ridiculous WGT update!), but I am only too happy to organise this prestigious tournament.

My posts are still under moderation, and probably will be for evermore, so my assistant from last year, HamdenPro, who has since been promoted to Head Assistant (and yes it did come with a pay increase in case you were wondering, from x sleeves of balls to x+ sleeves - we can't discuss real numbers here as this game is only virtual), will be assisting me with any assistance I might need, and that assistance is appreciated in advance (on top of the pay increase!).

Please start spreading the word to keep an eye open in this forum section for the new signups thread.

RSS