Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The WGT Aiming Adjustment Putting Method

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 12 2024 6:33 PM (6 replies)
  • Alpick1
    77 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2024 9:30 AM

HELLO AND WELCOME EVERYONE to the Putting Method that I have developed over time to calculate the Real Aiming % from the cup in order to succeed at putting on World Golf Tour using the JC Sneed Dot counting technique.

This putting method includes all the WGT Putting Mechanics for you to understand how the Putting system works in WGT to make the Dot Counting very accurate and working correctly by adjusting your aiming% when facing any offset putting situation which is 99.5% of the cases in WGT. Even if you are a <By Feel putter>, you can find some very interesting and valuable informations in the method. This includes the following :

.UNDERSTAND THE WGT  PUTTING SYSTEM

.HOW TO ADJUST ANY OFFSET BALL POSITION WITH THE CUP

.HOW TO ADJUST ANY OFFSET CUP ON THE PUTTING GRID

.USING THE HORIZONTAL DOT COUNTING THE CORRECT WAY

.HOW TO USE THE DIFFERENT GRID MULTIPLIERS IN WGT

.THE VERTICAL DOTS EXPLAINED & HOW TO COUNT THEM

.HOW TO MANAGE YOUR AIMING AND POWER

.AND EVEN MORE !

You will find the Power Point Presentation to download by following this link :

EdmlGJU4XM4ggCMLCgAAAAABW8o7r3HlBr7o1 e1IFVkdQ

You can also download the WGT Excel Claculation sheet that includes everything to use with the method and for your Approaches shots as well here : 

WGT Calc Sheet.xlsx?rlkey=uucpqt9v38sxk7yfip3s1y6cy&dl=0

Feel free to ask any question. You also can join me in PM on Discord. (Note that this page is for sharing my putting method in a positive way only. Please be respectful to the very hard work I have put in this stuff by passion for the game.)

• ScottHope
    10,288 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2024 12:37 PM

Good stuff Alpick and thank you for sharing it.  ; )

• Alpick1
    77 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2024 12:53 PM

Thanks Scott !

• LanikaiLarry
    9 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2024 12:46 AM

Thank you for sharing this! Having been putting by the "feel" method since I first started playing years ago, and always ending up frustrated on hard breaking slopes in tournament conditions, I've been trying to figure out the dot method for about a month.  I'm eager to try out your spreadsheet because the few other videos I watched others have online about the dot method were just confusing to me. So far, this seems to make the most sense! 

I really want to get beyond "Master" level, do more to help in country club events and clashes, and just not be as frustrated. This is the final piece of the puzzle, I think. 

• Alpick1
    77 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2024 9:48 AM

Hi Larry,

You are more than welcome.

I have 1st made the method to fit my needs to have a better chances at complicated breaks when I noticed that just counting the Dots without executing a putting line realignment wasn’t sufficient enough to make it working correctly. Many have dropped the Dot Counting Method for that specific reason.

So by reading the PP Method and using the Spreasheet with the adjusted putting section that goes with it, you get no even a pretty cool package but you also have the shot calculation sheet I use as well.

My Method can be also useful for By Feel putters, understanding the WGT putting mechanics can just be very helpful. May it be the final piece of the puzzle ? Well, good you ask because it is the feeling I had when I get it achieved and that I am still having by using the method on a regular base.

Have fun and hopping a great success with it for you and if you have any question, I’m right on Discord pal.

Alpick1 (JOCE)

• Tabarnak777
    176 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2024 4:04 PM

Good stuff Joe. Will take a look for sure.

• Alpick1
    77 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2024 6:33 PM

Thank you Olivier !

Hope you’ll like it as much as I do mate ! This method contains everything to succeed at putting using the Dot counting Method the correct way and it explains how everything works in the WGT putting system.

Enjoy & have fun, any question just PM me in Discord.

RSS