Forums

Help › Forums

Has the “Zip-A-Dee” gone out of our “Doo Dah”?

Sun, Jun 2 2024 6:37 AM (0 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,042 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2024 6:37 AM

“Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah” is a lively fun time tune made famous by Disney in his 1946 animated movie “Song Of The South. The tune is an expression of feeling good about life. Today we might express it with; “It doesn’t get any better than this”.

Not too long ago, there seemed to be more zip-a-dee in our WGT doo-dah and I think I know what is missing. I’ll never forget the feeling I had when I could participate in the Live Series. Oh, I knew I didn’t have a hoot of a chance of qualifying but it sure felt good hobknobbing with the best of the best. The Saturday morning live stream on Twitch was filled with excitement. I looked forward to it. It was obvious that WGT was top-dog in the world of virtual golf. I felt proud to be part of the magic.

WGT is still a fantastic game and I love playing. I belong to a super good country club where we have a wonderful camaraderie and great competitions but with the demise of the Live Series, the zip-a-dee has gone out of my doo-dah. I know it was expensive to produce but it was like a punch in the gut when they cut it from the budget. What do you think would happen to the PGA and golf itself if it was no longer broadcast live.

I appreciate the effort that was made recently to live stream an invitational. Technically, it did the job but in spirit, it came across to me as blasé. Where was the celebration, ceremony the zip-a-dee? Come on, WGT is better than that, isn’t it?

RSS