Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Coin Room Gimmie - Error

Sun, Jun 30 2024 6:27 PM (4 replies)
  • f40ian
    20 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2024 1:21 PM

While playing in the Paris coin room earlier today, my opponent was offered and took two gimmies when his putts were further away from the hole than mine, and I was not given the same option - why?

Loss to me = the win, coins and the chance to level up in rewards gained.

• BOZskills
    403 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2024 5:56 AM

I assume your opps were at a lower tier than you. So they were getting gimmies equivalent with their tier. Solution:play in a coin room without gimmies.

• BlackBogey
    350 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2024 7:51 AM

What Tier was the opponent?  The gimmie range decreases the higher the Tier.  So you as a TM might have a limit of 2' while a Hack/Amateur gets 4' and a Master might get 3'.  I'm not sure of the exact distances for each Tier but do know that they are different. 

Think of it as a way to "even the field" in addition to the tee boxes.  And at some point in the past you had that length gimmie allowed to you also, so when you were an Amateur probably thinking the same about you😉.

• f40ian
    20 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2024 3:49 AM

Thanks for the response, he was a Hack.......but I'm pretty sure that one of the putts was over 6ft!

• BlackBogey
    350 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2024 6:27 PM

f40ian:

Thanks for the response, he was a Hack.......but I'm pretty sure that one of the putts was over 6ft!

Yeah, like I said I'm not positive of the exact distances but they do decrease the higher you climb, both in Tier and per room.  And as @BOZskills pointed out, you can go up in room value and the gimmes will go away.  I think they stop at Casablanca, which is also the room where tees stop going off Tier base.

RSS