Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Progress

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 12 2024 2:54 PM (3 replies)
  • oloingsigh1
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jul 2 2024 11:24 AM
    Hi, I am looking for some advice regarding progression in WGT golf. I am at Master level 94. I have been on this level for what seems an eternity and making progress in the game is very slow. My equipment is quite dated and I do not buy new clubs on a regular basis. Are new and improved clubs a good way to make more progress? TIA!
  • BlackBogey
    445 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2024 3:52 PM

First there are probably better areas to pose your question other than "PGA Tour & Players" to get some useful responses, but I'll try to help.

If you are interested in progressing in Level (94) the only way to do that is playing the game and amassing XP.  The best ways to do this are: 1) keep your Consecutive Days Played (CDP) streak going as long as possible  2) 3-hole Practice skins with 3 other players offers the most XP bang for your buck.  You'll need a total of 929,258 XP to advance to L95, then an additional 168,135 to move t0 L96.

If you are interested in progressing in Tier (Master to Tour Master) then it depends on if you primarily play ranked rounds or coin games.  If it's mostly ranked rounds, then you need to play a minimum of 40 ranked rounds since turning Master and achieve an average score of 63 or lower.  So with your current average of 67 you'll have to knock off 4 strokes from your average.  If you mainly play coin games there is a different algorithm they use to Tier you up, and no one really knows for sure what that is.  I would surmise it has to with a combination of consistently beating higher Tier players, playing in higher $ rooms, and/or finishing high in the weekly coin "divisions" 

• alosso
    21,050 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2024 9:52 PM

As @BB stated, levels are a big grind in this high region, and it only becomes longer, see the table. Also, their only purpose it to release equipment, and you have plenty options now.

As for the tiers, the grind hasn't started yet. Min 40 rounds to TM, min 50 to Legend is "peanuts" against 500 to 1000 to advance further. But that is future talk.

Alas, I see a different problem:

All your scores are well above 70 (double the 9-hole-rounds) which is nowhere near the required 63. I'd say you need to improve on your game play. Equipment-wise there's urgency only with the §&$(! Starter SW (a L39 Taylormade 60° is a budget replacement), and you might want to change to custom balls for better performance and a slower swing speed - the cheapest are an improvement, but they cost continuously (wear and loss).

You may also look at your game management, improve strategy and shot selection - it's up to you. Select questions are,

- do your shots end up where you want?
    - how many end up out of bounds / in water / in bunkers?
    - is the risk / reward ratio good enough?
    - is you putting rate less than two per hole?

There's plenty advice around here, and you may always post questions.

• Squatch031
    193 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2024 2:54 PM

I took a quick look at your stats and immediately saw that your short game needs work (putting and scrambling).  First on your agenda should be to lose the hybrid club and replace it with a wedge.  Also need to get away from the WGT ball and upgrade overall equipment.  In the end it all comes down to money and practice.

RSS