Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Error Code FATAL can't play

Wed, Sep 11 2024 9:09 AM (69 replies)
  • Spiders1
    362 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2024 4:02 PM

Thanks for help but I found problem. Had windows update then WGT UPDATE. What was blocking download Smart App Control was blocking wgt from finishing because my friends at MS didn't trust WGT. Only had WGT for 12 years so I guess they caught up with the times lol.

• ScottHope
    10,310 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2024 11:27 PM

Cheers Spiders, that's interesting about Smart App Control, I wasn't even aware that existed. Just looked at it on my own PC and it is turned off and can't be turned on without reinstalling Windows! So I guess it must have been one of those many options you get when installing Windows. Glad you got it sorted though.

More info here.

⇩ EDIT : Cheers John, happy labour day to you too.  ; ) ⇩

• bigjohndough
    87 Posts
    Mon, Sep 2 2024 11:44 AM

Good stuff my man,  interesting read  thanks !! Happy Labor Day.  bjd

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,629 Posts
    Mon, Sep 2 2024 1:40 PM

These days, operating systems feel like a mom who silently does things for her son without asking. (Thanks, but please let me handle it! I know what I'm doing! LOL) With the advancement of AI, this tendancy is sure to intensify in the future.

• ScottHope
    10,310 Posts
    Mon, Sep 2 2024 11:54 PM

I won't worry Simon until it starts turning itself back on after I've switched it off!  8 |

⇩ EDIT : 😮

⇩ EDIT 2 : Oh, it will! 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,629 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2024 2:52 AM

ScottHope:

I won't worry Simon until it starts turning itself back on after I've switched it off!  8 |

ScottHope:
    ⇩ EDIT : 😮 ⇩

Just kidding, Scott. 😜

ScottHope:

⇩ EDIT 2 : Oh, it will! 

Screech!!! 😱

• Sporranlegion
    10 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2024 4:16 PM

got mine fixed, everything OK now

• ScottHope
    10,310 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2024 12:24 AM

Good to hear that Sporranlegion.

Any tips on what you did that might help others with similar issues?

⇩ EDIT : Thanks RETAFNCO, that's at least two strikes for the Smart App Control. ⇩

• RETAFNCO
    406 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2024 10:08 AM

go to settings, Privacy and Security, Windows Security, App and Browser Control, Smart Apps Control settings and turn it off.

• Sporranlegion
    10 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2024 9:09 AM

I re installed the game and the error never appeared again, the downside was that my XP bonus days had reset back to 0.

I then sent an email to support explaining what had happened and they reset my bonus days counter.

So all is good now.

RSS