Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Meter speed

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 18 2024 4:11 PM (5 replies)
  • Juanasteros
    5 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2024 5:53 PM

Sorry if this seems dumb, but I'm still unsure about 'meter speed' ratings when I'm checking out equipment in the Pro Shop.  Does a meter with speed 2 move faster or slower than a meter with speed 4? Many thanks.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,633 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2024 7:36 PM

The lower the number is, the faster the meter runs.

FAST <<<   1   2   3   4   5   >>> SLOW

And this question is coming from someone who's been here for 15 years, hmmmm... Well, what the heck!

• Juanasteros
    5 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2024 10:11 PM

Thank you for the reply, for which I am very grateful, though a short answer would have sufficed, without the additional aside! Anyhoo, when you get to my age, you're allowed to ask an occasional witless question . . . . Incidentally, call me old-fashioned, but logically speaking, a low number infers a slow speed, shirley? Conversely, faster speed is generally indicated by use of a higher number, as with a speedometer! Wottevah, give me another 15 years or so and I should get the hang of it. :-)  P.s. Maybe you & I could play a head-to-head sometime? 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,633 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2024 12:46 PM

I'm sorry you didn't like my comment at the end. But wouldn't anyone find it strange? How could someone who's been playing for 15 years not know that? And I was not saying your question was dumb, I was just surprised that after 15 years, you still didn't know, that's all.

Juanasteros:
    P.s. Maybe you & I could play a head-to-head sometime?

Yes, I'd be more than happy to. Cheers.

• Kittykat2017
    630 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2024 5:07 AM

And the sarcasm continues.

• Juanasteros
    5 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2024 4:11 PM

????

RSS