Forums

Help › Forums

Re: wolf creek 7

Sat, Oct 5 2024 6:53 AM (5 replies)
  • derekortt
    668 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2024 6:15 PM

ON what planet is hitting into a water hazard considered a lost ball?

why is the WATER short of the green not considered a WATER HAZARD?

• callaghan159
    6,318 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2024 2:57 AM

derekortt:

ON what planet is hitting into a water hazard considered a lost ball?

why is the WATER short of the green not considered a WATER HAZARD?

The planet earth..I'm missing something here. 

Any course I've ever played in my life when I hit a ball into the water 99% of the time I dont find the ball so its' considered a lost ball

• derekortt
    668 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2024 5:17 AM

yes, but you dont take stroke and distance for a lost ball when you hit into the water.

You get penalty area relief on Planet Earth

• Robert1893
    7,713 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2024 6:06 AM

But when you're playing this game, you're not on planet earth. 

You're on planet WGT. 😉

This is the way. 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2024 6:25 AM

derekortt:
    you dont take stroke and distance for a lost ball when you hit into the water.
    IRL, you have the choice of dropping acc. to the rules. Here, the Cardinal Rule of effective programming applies: Thou hathet no choice! and they choose for you.

Some are penalty areas, like Congressional #10. Alas, the outcome is mixed, but S&D is at least a legal option. If they drop in the deep rough before one ot the tee boxes in KIA 17, you (and your ball reserve) are toast until shot 10, and on Congressional (11?), you may find the ball being dropped behind a tree on the outside of the pond (don't worry, both is virtual: the ball goes through and your feet won't become wet)

• Cicero733
    2,308 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2024 6:53 AM

Been awhile but after assessment of a penalty stroke aren’t relief options for water hazards and lateral water hazards different?

RSS