Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting the last week.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 12 2024 6:12 AM (1 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2024 4:35 AM

I would regard myself a pretty good putter normally, but lately the number of putts I've missed from under 10 feet is unbelievable. Even the shorter putts are drifting wide at the last minute, and lipouts galore.
    I had several rounds at Kiawah in the Clash, and whilst I know it is a bit strange, I was missing putt after putt from 4 feet or less. I am not that incompetent.
    I went to Erin later and made 7 straight birdies, and then managed a stupid 3 putt on #8.
    Something has changed, because I know I haven't changed.

• ScottHope
    10,369 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2024 6:12 AM

John, when everything goes right for us at WGT, our drives hit the center of every fairway, our approaches are perfect for a chance of a birdie or eagle and every putt goes in or ends up stone dead for an easy second putt. Do we come on here and complain that WGT has tweaked the game and made it too easy, no. We just accept that we've had a good day and are playing well.

Don't let your bad days play with your mind and take you down the 'WGT have tweaked my game' rabbit hole because you'll drive yourself nuts. Just forget it, accept that those days come by now and again and before you know it you be back to normal.

If you feel angry and frustrated, put that into something positive, go dig a big hole in the garden. If you still hate WGT afterwards you can bury your computer in it, if not, turn it into a water feature.  ; )

RSS