Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Akamai Netsession interface

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 10 2011 6:41 AM (9 replies)
  • phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 11:36 AM

WGT, is this something that you use or is used by your software that pre-loads data to our computers? My computer nerd told me that my computer is fine and the swing meter is affected by Akamai

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:51 PM

hi

'if you google akamai, you'll see that it's a global content delivery network. we use it to make sure everyone can get files from local servers so they load faster. many many sites use it.

-wgticon

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 3:09 PM
  • DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 4:54 PM

phiber:

My computer nerd told me that my computer is fine and the swing meter is affected by Akamai

My suggestion would be "Get a new Nerd"

as many many many posts have mentioned, Comodo Dragon browser, Game Booster, clean flash and browsers cache.

meter problems are on the CLIENT side NOT Server side.

• paulshack
    281 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 5:13 PM

in the end its all about your computer!

fortunatly , im on a brand new dell PC with lightning speeds, and WGT has never been a problem for me, nor any other game i play

been "metered" or had meter issues only handfull of times, rarely ever

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 11:06 AM

DannyPhan:

phiber:

My computer nerd told me that my computer is fine and the swing meter is affected by Akamai

My suggestion would be "Get a new Nerd"

as many many many posts have mentioned, Comodo Dragon browser, Game Booster, clean flash and browsers cache.

meter problems are on the CLIENT side NOT Server side.

Thanks for the guidance Danny, I loaded Comodo, and I always clean the cache of both the browser and Flash, turn off Loop, all that stuff.  I does seem to do better on the Dragon, at least it is smoother.  I tend to believe a lot of it is in my mouse more than anything, sometimes I will be setting the swing strength and not even release the left key and the meter starts, other times I have to hit the left key pretty hard with my finger to make it work.  I am going to Staples to get a Logitech wireless in a few minutes.  that should either prove me wrong or right.

I still haven't ruled out total operator failure...;) 

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 11:08 AM

Thanks to all of your for your guidance and input, I will get it straightened out I am sure.  I am positive that it isn't something that cannot be controlled, I just have to learn what it is, and what to do.  There are times when it is really smooth and works well, and when it does, I have decent scores.  but when it's bad, it's really bad!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 11:13 AM

phiber:
     I am going to Staples to get a Logitech wireless in a few minutes.

Try another USB port.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 11:17 AM

Do not buy a wireless mouse.

A good option is THIS.

Happy hitting

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2011 6:41 AM

Thanks for all the input, I have done all the things you guys mentioned then went back through the optimizing thread in Community Help.  Here is a step I omitted previously for some reason, but I did this and it helped immensely  Reading is a wonderful thing, too bad i didn't read this entire article well.  Following this step has done more for the meter than most anything else I have done, and for overall game quality too.

Flash Storage Settings

Make sure your browser allows flash content. Go to the Adobe Storage Setting Manager by clicking here . Move the slider so that you are allotting at least 100KB to storing flash objects. Check the "Allow third party Flash content" and "Store common Flash components" checkboxes.

Oh, BTW I did not buy the wireless mouse, thanks for the suggestion, I didn't get one that elaborate but did get a logitec and so far it seems like it will do the job well.  The guy at Staples said that it would as long as I didn't play games that require all of the buttons.  I did ask him if he had one that would read the swing meter!  ;)

RSS