Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putt for Dough?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 11 2011 8:20 PM (2 replies)
  • Lordfds
    18 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 9:59 AM

I was just comparing my stats to a couple of leaders to find ways to improve, and this is what I found...

In the top 4 players featured today:

Green in regulation: 78%

Average distance from the pin: 13ft

My green in regulation is 46%

My average distance from the cup is 23ft

I know that I can get into the 70's by practicing, but, the reality is that my greatest gains are when I decide to invest in the game and buy new equipment. Unless you have clubs and balls that can give you a backspin, the average distance will always be a problem. Its tough to take a green pitch out of play if you have to roll a ball across a green rather than a soft landing. There are also a number of holes that are forward with bunker protection. So without a back spin, your ball will roll to the back of the green. The bottom line is that it is much easier to sink a 13ft putt rather than a 23ft and the stats from the leaders prove it.The game should provide an inexpensive wedge/ball combo so that you spend your time practicing landing accuracy, rather than green pitch compensation. 

I would like to hear more opinions on this...

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 12:16 PM

Lordfds:

The game should provide an inexpensive wedge/ball combo so that you spend your time practicing landing accuracy, rather than green pitch compensation. 

I would like to hear more opinions on this...

And how would you suggest that this site is paid for?

• Lordfds
    18 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 8:20 PM

Firstly, There are always players investing in their games, and by all means I am not saying that everything should be free. Players invest in games that hold their interest. I have played and excelled in many. The only difference here is that it is a combination of skill and wallet that allows your growth. Other games, it is skill only.

Maybe concerning the topic above, spin can be added in the lower clubs, and still allow people to invest in the better clubs.

RSS