Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Browser/IT question

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 16 2011 3:35 PM (3 replies)
  • LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 2:01 PM

If I use one browser (Comodo Dragon) for WGT game play only, and another (Chrome) for everything else I do on the Web, will that keep  browser #1 "clean," or not? Or will everything on Chrome (cache, history, cookies, etc) still gum up the computer and other browser? 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 2:48 PM

LeonDelBosque:
    If I use one browser (Comodo Dragon) for WGT game play only, and another (Chrome) for everything else I do on the Web, will that keep  browser #1 "clean,

Most definitely. Been doing it that way with different browsers for over 2 years. The latest and best so far for me is CD. Install AdBlock (extension), allow WGT as exceptions to everything, nobody else. Don't get any of the bells and whistles for it, don't upgrade it, don't do anything with it except play here. Swear by it.  :-)

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 3:20 PM

I can also vouch for using dual browsers.....interestingly enough, as a result of YJ's advice.

My particular setup is Chrome for playing (with auto-update disabled), and Firefox for everything else.  Works fantastically!  (I'm on Linux, and CD isn't available...otherwise, I'd be running same as YJ).

My usual playing partner has the same setup as YJ (excluding the AdBlock addition), and he swears by it.

Both of us previously had to contend with horribly inconsistent meters.  Not any more though.

However, if you're one of the top players on here, dual-browsers won't work for you.  In that case, you'll need to run a defrag at the same time as playing.  And I hear that wearing a blindfold helps too....

(ps: for those among us who are only slightly more (or less?) intelligent than a rock...that last paragraph was a joke.  Y'know?  Humour?  Ha-ha and all that?)   ;-)

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 3:35 PM

cool, thanks. (hmmmm, maybe running defrag and scan disk while playing in safe mode is hurting my game?)

RSS