Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Adjusting Game Options

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 28 2011 12:28 PM (9 replies)
  • 24pack
    6 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 7:42 AM

why is it I have to reset  the display, volume & advanced options at every log in???

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 9:48 AM

You probably have "clear cache when closing browser" turned on.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 9:51 AM

SgtDoodles:

You probably have "clear cache when closing browser" turned on.

^^^^

you are liking using chrome and it's set by default. go to your options and dissable it there.

-wgticon

• 24pack
    6 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2011 4:52 PM

Yes im using google chrome, and the cache setting is unchecked.... may sound silly but cant find the setting to run it in normal mode any other help would be great.

thanx and happy holidays

• 24pack
    6 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2011 7:34 AM

Thanks... that worked.  :)

Happy Holidays again

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 2:10 PM

IMO opinion, you should have Chrome set to clear cache, history etc everytime you close it.

Nice to have all your options enabled everytime you start, but for me its nicer to reduce the possibility of Meter Stutter.

I go through resetting those options each time also..  no biggie.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 11:27 AM

SHRUDE:

Me too,   almost like a pre-shot routine for me on the 1st tee

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 12:28 PM

SHRUDE:

IMO opinion, you should have Chrome set to clear cache, history etc everytime you close it.

Nice to have all your options enabled everytime you start, but for me its nicer to reduce the possibility of Meter Stutter.

WGT suggests only clearing cache after an update or when you are getting strange results when playing. Clearing your cache each time you log off makes your game load and run much slower than it should because it has to load all the graphics to your cache each time you play. With the graphics already in your cache the game loads and runs much faster. And as far as clearing cache making less chance for meter stutters , if you use something like gamebooster you won't have to worry much about meter stutters. Clearing your cache that often is just shooting yourself in the foot so to speak.

RSS