Re: Chipping accurately

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 28 2011 5:11 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 2:02 PM

MainzMan:
    The grid will only appear when you click on the aim marker.

There is an option in MENU/ OPTIONS - "Display" to enable the grid.

With this option set to ON, the grid is displayed anytime a Flop,Pitch, Chip or Putt shot is selected.

Also pressing the SPACE BAR on your keyboard also enables the Reverse View. Handy when there isn't a Reverse View arrow icon showing.

• TheHuffer
    5 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 7:23 PM

I turned on the option for grid to be ON.

But unless I am on or near the green, I cannot see the grid.  Particularly helpful if you're hitting a longer iron into the green - which way is it going to roll?  I've tried holding the spaced bar at the same time as clicking on the aim arrow, and various other tricks, but I cannot get the grid to appear for longer shots.

In fact, if you're let's say 150yd out, and select PW, you can't even see the green on reverse view - just the fairway.

So I must be missing the point or not asking the right question ????

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 12:04 AM

You will only see the grid on short shots, as stated above on

Flop - Pitch - Chip & Putt.

Usually you would have to click the green to see the grid and once you click off the grid disappears, with this option enabled the grid will always be there for THOSE types of shots without having to click the green.

The Space bar simply is another way of getting a reverse view - nothing to do with the grid.

:)

edit:

TheHuffer:
    which way is it going to roll?

One method I use to look at the lie is simply to drag the marker up and down and side to side on the green, watching for the elevation measurement.. this can be of use.

• TheHuffer
    5 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 5:11 AM

Sorry - I thought you could select PUTTER at 175 yds and make the grid appear.

Can't have it all, eh !

• PAGES
RSS