Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Long Loading Time

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 28 2011 5:30 AM (2 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 4:38 AM

Just wanted to know if everyone is experiencing  this. At night about 7:00 PM (central time US & Canada ) I am having a very long loading time between shots,  going to reverse view, and going to different camera views. Server, Comodo Dragon ( just for the game ) use game booster. This is when I am in a AS game

Gary

Windows Vista 64 bit ( service pact 2 )

9850 Quad-core processor

6144 MB system memory

750 GB Hard Drive

Nvidia G Force 500 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 5:03 AM

Slow loads have nothing to do with your stuff. Either your ISP is dragging or WGT is slow to respond. More than likely it's your ISP working double time for the holiday because the loads are fine to the east of you, like here in NY.

Big help the next day, huh?  LOL

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 5:30 AM

I'm with YJ, it's probably your ISP working overtime.  I would also double check your connection speed. I travel for a living, so I play with the same laptop every time I play, but every week on a different network and the biggest variable to me is connection speed. At home I have a 100 Mbps connection, on the road I'm usually between 11 Mbps and 54 Mbps.

If you've never played with an 11 Mbps connection, I recommend doing it just once. Click reverse view, stand up, stretch the legs, check the weather, go to the bathroom, get a drink or maybe a snack, come back and it should just about be done.

Also, if you are playing on a public network, (like at a Starbucks)  those are your high usage times.

-Long

RSS