Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Advice for filling up my golf bag

Fri, Dec 30 2011 11:42 PM (5 replies)
  • MustangLarry
    29 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 2:50 PM

Well...I have fianlly committed to playing serious golf here :)  Now I just need to get the right equipment and could use some advice.

I am pretty happy with my driver, 3W and hybrid.  My wedges work nice as well andI am settled into a decent putter.

I know that I need newer irons.  I have the credits to spend, and need advice at what to get as I get set to hit level 70 as a master.

I curently own Ping Rapture V2 (I have had awhile).

I am looking at the G10 set, because they have a slower meter and are only 1200 credits.  The iIS and G15s have the faster meter and it does not really look like they are that much different than the G10s.

What do you think?  If you see anything else in my bag you thinki should look at, feel free to let me know.

Thanks

MustangLarry

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 3:34 PM

Hi Larry

I think the G10's would be a good addition to your bag and will see you through to level 90 when you can get the R11's or new irons if they release anymore.

Also with the G10's you'll no longer need the hybrid club as the 3iron goes 210yds. With the hybrid no longer needed you can add a 3rd wedge to your bag and i highly recommend the taylor made satin 64 degree wedge unlocked at level 39. This wedge goes 50yds but also is good around the greens with the pitch going 13yds and flop 15yds. This certainly helps with the recovery play when you just miss the green and will bring your scoring down considerably. It's also very good for green side bunkers.

Dazza

• MustangLarry
    29 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 6:22 PM

Thank you both for the awesome advice.  I went ahead and bought the G10 irons, a new R9 3W and a 64 degree wedge.  I dropped the hybrid.  Looking forward to playing a round.

MustangLarry

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 8:16 PM

Take your clubs out of the bag. fill the bag with ice and a 12 pack of beer. Your golf game might not improve this way but after 12 beers who cares? :-P

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 11:42 PM

wildcat18racing6:

Take your clubs out of the bag. fill the bag with ice and a 12 pack of beer. Your golf game might not improve this way but after 12 beers who cares? :-P

This will only work if you are going to play 9 holes only.   18 holes just double the numbers accorDINGly.   ;-)

RSS