Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Posting comments on other players profile!!!!!

Fri, Jan 8 2010 11:57 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:29 AM

1.  "Not really, because in doing so, they are destroying someone else's intended multi-player round."

2.  "It utterly destroys any enjoyment of a multi-player round if your partners ditch you so that you're left alone on the course."

3.  "So when they're ditched by the other players, they've been robbed of their time spent in that failed round, as well as enjoyment of the game."

Three times in the same post is a bit much. Please let give and take be give and take, not give and take and give give give. TY

YJ

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:34 AM

Not in the same post, but in the same thread. NormH3 made 3 posts, and I made 3 standard replies specifically to those 3 posts by NormH3. It's a perfectly normal, standard forum conversation.

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 10:04 AM

I thought we handled it quite civilly. We each posted a point of view and that was that.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 11:05 AM

Saying the same thing three different times in the same thread is redundant, not a discussion. There is no question on the civility-it's quite nice.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 11:15 AM

It wasn't the same thing; I each time responded specifically to NormH3's comment, each time refining my explanations for what I was saying, providing additional support for the statements. That's the epitome of civilized, polite discourse.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 11:17 AM

LOL-OK, I can't read. I give up.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 11:34 AM

No problem, Jim. Please let's just keep this on-topic: discussing and analyzing the topic at hand, not a fellow forum poster's style of discourse. Always ad rem, never ad hominem – that is the first rule of every civilized discussion. I think we've already strayed quite a bit from what is in this thread's Subject line; but, briefly clearing up the issue of quitters may have been useful for players who have only joined this site recently, like NormH3. I respect that NormH3 sees the issue differently from me, and that's perfectly OK. Let's move on.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 11:49 AM

No. I will not move on until you are clear about what I am objecting to. The topic of this post is commenting on other people's profiles. I object to having  to read the same thing said three different ways under the guise of a discourse or discussion. That is not discussing, it's opining reduntantly. I further object to you calling me out as being off topic after your above post. This is in direct response to that post and if it's off topic then I am guilty of responding to an off topic post. If you wish to further this start a new thread.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 11:56 AM

Sorry, I'm not here to hijack this thread. If you need more detailed explanations of what is or isn't off-topic, Jim, feel free to write on my Wall and I'll be happy to assist you. (As you can see, all of my contributions to this thread have been exclusively in brief, concise reaction to what other posters said, with no unnecessary verbiage added.)

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 11:57 AM

Thread Topic:

Posting comments on other players profile!!!!!

GD

• PAGES
RSS