Forums

Help › Forums

Re: HELP! stuck in a rut.....

Fri, Jan 6 2012 1:40 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 8:15 AM

i have been having the same lately,i guess i will just  keep on putting,till i get it right.ok on the long putts  ;its the verry short one thats killing my game ......i think its a head thing for me ,before i putt a short one i am nervus ,in my head i am missing it before i putt,,,,not good LOL........  i am sure i will snap out of it you to HP

• abhiroy
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 8:48 AM

same here..but i have improved a little bit with aiming little before the hole and aligning more to right as i have a more left stroke tendency..see if that helps

cheers

• TRABLAH
    210 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 9:16 AM

YankeeJim:

hpurey:
    Just can't read the dots like I used to.

I know we talked about it last night, H, but for those interested, BolloxinBruges has a 15 minute video on youtube of him shooting-8 at CCC in a RG.  It's a fast watch as he doesn't waste any time playing but you can get a serious dose of "this is how to aim putts" by watching it. It will either confirm you're doing it right, show you you're not or fine tune what you already do. Nary a missed putt in the round (except for his donation to the meter god on an eagle try) and a very good lesson.

YJ,

Thanks for leading me to Bollin's utube video of the CCC-RG.  That was amazing to watch (I locked it into my favorites).  I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly he plays.  I have one silly question.  On that eagle putt I noticed he switched to the Pitch mode and looked to the downhill side of the cup (I believe I saw it at least one other time).  What was he looking for?  I also noticed he hit many of his putts on the reverse screen view?  Is that a preferable thing to do?  I know I'll watch it many more times, and I may even learn something about putting that SHOULD help.   Thanks again.

• SteamboatTW99
    67 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 9:34 AM

TRABLAH,

When I putt I always look at the putt from both sides (front and back).  Sometimes there are breaks that can be seen from the reverse angle which do not show on the front view. Just my 2 cents.  

And I am in no manner one of the top players, just one who plays often so I hope this helps.

Good luck!  

Steam  

• Udo1
    123 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 10:01 AM

I read your tips today, especially the tip from Dianne about putting with more speed and I also watched Bollox video on youtube.

All I can say is thank you very much for that, those were the best hints I ever found here.

Helped me a lot.

Udo

• TRABLAH
    210 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 10:13 AM

SteamboatTW99:

TRABLAH,

When I putt I always look at the putt from both sides (front and back).  Sometimes there are breaks that can be seen from the reverse angle which do not show on the front view. Just my 2 cents.  

And I am in no manner one of the top players, just one who plays often so I hope this helps.

Good luck!  

Steam  

Yes Steam, I do the same, but I normally return to the front view for the actual putt.  I was just curious to find out if it was at all helpful in any way to putt from the reverse view? 

Thanks,

TRAB

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 12:26 PM

TRABLAH:
    On that eagle putt I noticed he switched to the Pitch mode and looked to the downhill side of the cup (I believe I saw it at least one other time).  What was he looking for?  I also noticed he hit many of his putts on the reverse screen view?  Is that a preferable thing to do? 

The way I understand it, switching to that pitch view gives you another look at the overall pitch of the green as it surrounds the line he is looking at. He does it a number of times in that round.  I didn't notice him actually putting from the reverse view but he does switch back and forth between the views, which is very important. You could see where he would fine tune the line after looking at each view.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 1:40 PM

YankeeJim:

BolloxinBruges has a 15 minute video on youtube of him shooting-8 at CCC in a RG.

I love that he describes it as a so-so round.  99% of us would probably consider it a so-so-sodding great round.

Those are great videos, you can learn a lot from them.

• PAGES
RSS