Help › Forums

Re: CTTH 2-5% lie ?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 8 2012 5:05 PM (3 replies)
  • SirBudha
    43 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 9:59 AM

Hi All,

Recently on a Ctth pinehurst Hole 16, in sand,54yrds and the lie is 2-5%, now I know it should be 2-5% of 100%, But its really 20-50% right? I hit my wedge around 68yrds and still  only went 48 yrds, no green lol. this lie has frustrated me before so I went to forums to learn but there is very little to nothing written about this lie of lies. lol any suggestions from some of you gurus of the forums. Oh and Thanks im a hack master and got it from the forums. any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks All

Winners NEVER quit and Quitters never WIN

Phil

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 10:36 AM

Hi

Best advice I can give you is play it a few more time and until the shot you hit gets close. Then, remember that club/distance, so when you are there next time, you adjust from that and not from scratch.

-wgticon

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 11:04 AM

Challenge #7 at Edgewood Tahoe (not Pinehurst) most of the time a full SW throw in some backspin and check your wind.  If you dont Ding it or miss by the slightest bit, you wont get out of the rough ( or even out of the bunker)  The wind is a major factor as well. Sometimes it's safest to play out to the left a bit to avoid getting caught in the thick stuff on the back side of the mound.  2% - 5%... the ball is sitting up so I guess if you hit it fat the ball's just going to pop up.  There's a lot to carry to get out of the bunker as well so it's not a shot you can mishit and still get good results.

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 5:05 PM

I rarely take notes Budha but I have almost found it to be necessary on CTTH holes.

I will go to the courses with a free ball and take notes on the harder holes until I learn them. Then, I know how to get it nice and close to play with a real ball.

Hope that helps man, GL!

GD

RSS