Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Walk Through: Kia 18 and BPB F9

Fri, Jan 13 2012 2:38 PM (9 replies)
  • godelescher
    636 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 1:22 PM

I've noticed a lot of low and mid-level players who make great shots, but still struggle with course management.

I wrote a kind of course management walkthrough for Kiawah front 9 that might help others. It's on my blog on my profile page.

There's nothing new or exciting in there for the more experienced players, but I think it's probably a good reference for newer players who want to get better.

Anyway, hope it helps. Happy hitting.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 1:46 PM

Speaking of, I just played Kia front nine, first time in a while, started out 3 under and then a triple bogey. I have not seen a triple bogey in a long time. Total BS. Usually don't drop a game, this was too obvious. Drive on fairway, second shot went dead right into deep rough, couldn't get it out with a bulldozer.

• budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 3:41 PM

Noticed your post and decided to read your blog concerning the front nine at kiawah. Just wanted to say it was very informative and helped a lot. Looking forward to maybe seeing something about the other coarses here at WGT if you so choose. By the way, I totally understand what you are saying about no. 8 at kiawah. Got my 1 and only hole in one there.

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 5:48 PM

Thanks Budfan.

I got up to the 14th at Kiawah and got tired of writing, so I only put up the front nine. I'll finish it up tomorrow though.

Congrats on the HIO.

• mb386
    61 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 7:02 PM

Thanks Budfan! Very informative post!!!

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 11:23 PM

OK. Took an extra day but the full Kiawah 18 Walk Through is up on my profile.

Bethpage next.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 9:28 AM

I appreciate the time you took with this, but I play it totally differently, due to higher level clubs. Several players have already said it's very helpful, though. 

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 4:12 PM

SgtDoodles,

Thank you for the nice words. I appreciate that you play it differently and I would expect no less. The walk through was written with the middle tiers in mind because that's my point of view.

How legends play any course (and for that matter, level 93 Tour Pros too) is a completely foreign game to me, and I wouldn't pretend to tell you or any other legend how to manage your game.

These walk-throughs are more for the 70+ average crowd would like to be shooting 3 or 4 under regularly and can't get over the hump. No one is likely to shoot a 28 using them because they're more about playing smart than they are about hitting great shots.

Anyway, I appreciate the comment. Thanks

ALSO! I just finished a Bethpage Black - Front 9 walk-through, and this time I added some replays to illustrate some of the shots. It's on my profile, enjoy.

• kilbraur
    219 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 6:27 PM

This are a most good idea. You is put lots of time to this. thanking you sir (sory my bad English :)  )

• TrikiRik
    103 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2012 2:38 PM

Very helpful info and reminder about how important course mgmt is, keep sharing your exp with this game and how we can apply to real world golf.  Kudos

RSS