Forums

Help › Forums

Re: game icon for wgt

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 11 2012 12:43 PM (5 replies)
  • jimoldfart
    131 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 6:15 AM

As I'm about as close to computer illiterate as they come, is there an icon I can put on my computer in order to go directly to wgt rather than through my search? If so how ? thanks.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 8:50 AM

jimoldfart:

As I'm about as close to computer illiterate as they come, is there an icon I can put on my computer in order to go directly to wgt rather than through my search? If so how ? thanks.

Windows How To:

1. click on Play Now 
    2. In the play now window copy the link at the top
    3. go to your desktop and right click > select new > shortcut
    4. in the new shortcut window paste the link you copied in step 2 and click next
    5. Name your shortcut and click finish.
    6. play WGT

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 9:20 AM

So hard as to open your browser, and just where you write (http://)www.google.com or any other address, just replace it with www.wgt.com. Only that, just where any web address goes. Plain simple, or call 911, after all, people call for.. just kidding.. what Danny said is ok, easy way, unless you don't know what right click or where the desktop is... will make it simpler for you every time. Let us know if you could make it, after all, I am not computer illiterate and had a hard time trying to figure out how to start a thread here, which you already did.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 8:49 AM

An adjustment of Danny's instructions for Windows Vista O/S on lap-tops like mine ...

Windows Vista How To:

1. click on Play Now 
    2. In the play now window copy the link at the top
    3. go to your desktop and right click in an empty region
    4. Catalyst Control Center pop-up box will appear; click New > Shortcut
    5. Paste the URL address obtained in step 2 above
    6. Name your shortcut and click finish.
    7. play WGT

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 9:40 AM

If you use a dedicated browser like I do, one just for the game, then you can install a quick launch icon for that browser in your toolbar by dragging the browser logo to it. Then when you open that browser you're in the game client. (Enter the game url the first time.) There's 3 decent browser to do this with-Chrome, FireFox and Comodo Dragon. Pick one you don't use and go get it.

• jimoldfart
    131 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 12:43 PM

Thanks , worked like a charm I am now good to go ,appreciate all of your help, thank you.

RSS