Forums

Help › Forums

Re: CTTH Challenges- easiest

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 11 2012 7:37 AM (7 replies)
  • jwhistler31
    357 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 1:56 PM

Which CTTH challenge is the easiest- comprised of the shortest shots.... ?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 1:58 PM

They all vary. I suspect what you mean is which ones are the best for using short irons and short shots. The BPB one is good and the CCC one has some good pitching holes. Run through the ones that have matching stroke play courses and make some notes.

• jwhistler31
    357 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 2:08 PM

Thanks- trying to get that challenge where you get within 20ft on every hole- there always seems to be that 1 hole that gets me lol.... 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 2:38 PM

The original Hilversumsche set - the one with the long, crooked (straight!) putt on the 9th. The toughest hole is the 8th (approach to the same green). Only place I ever got all shots within 20 feet. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 4:50 PM

I'd stick to the stroke play CTTHs only because you're making your learning fun and competing at the same time. You find yourself getting pretty good at certain shots and then when you see them during stroke or match play it's a no brainer to nail them. 

Heh-Get used to one hole hosing you and, more often than not, it's the last one- where you have a shot at a good score and wet your pants trying so hard you blow it. Been there too often. LOL

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 5:14 PM

I don't play ctth anymore, but have aced every hole at Kiawah except #1. pb 1inch and at Wolf 3 ft. Guess I will start playing CTTH again, I haven't for over a year.

• singingjesus
    152 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 6:05 PM

jwhistler31:
    Which CTTH challenge is the easiest

I vote for Cabo. I've gotten over 10 hole-in-ones on # 7. The green seems to funnel the ball right into it. Also get my lowest scores there even tho' it's got 2 180+ yard holes. (or at least one}

sj

• jwhistler31
    357 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 7:37 AM

I started back playing CTTH to get my daily xp bonus fairly quickly, I know you can go to the course and play one hole to get it but it is just as easy to hit 9 CTTH shots.... and you always have a chance to win something in the WGT random draw for that CTTH Tourney.... Yes they do give those things away!!!! I won the R-11 Driver a few months ago in one.... The level 88 R-11 Driver which they even unlocked early for me since I was a level 80 when I won it.  Dont believe it- check back in the WGT News - think it was Nov.  or check my inventory, I'm still just a level 83 but have that driver.  Thanks for the input guys, hit them long and straight. 

RSS