Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Honest Answer Please

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 10 2012 1:25 PM (5 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 7:33 PM

What is the secret? I have tried 3 times tonight to play a CC Tourney. Full 18 at SA. I have made the turn at 6 under-6under-and 7 under. Nbr 10 two times in a row, my drive has gone way left and oob. Twice on nbr 11 I have had 185 to pin, 11-12 mph head wind and have hit 180 and it has gone over the green and oob. This makes no sense at all. I have hit all greens and all fairways on the front nine. The back nine is impossible to stay in fairway, and the greens are insane. What is the secret? This is becoming really hard to deal with. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have played the back nine at SA many times at 5-6 under.

• Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 8:24 PM

How are the other CC members coping, they must have posted scores.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 7:11 AM

Save the game after the front. Close out the browser, clearing the cache on the way out. Continue the game. IDK if that will fix anything but it gets you in a different frame of mind. 

You want honest? It's all you.  :-)

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 7:39 AM

um....

so how do you get to the turn in -6 when your only playing the back 9 ?

i expect that's the secret

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 7:41 AM

Don't know if you'll accept or if any will agree , but you asked.....

I view a 9 hole round as a sprint and a full round as a marathon. Some will handle trouble better than others , but I believe whether here at WGT or on the real course , somewhere along that 18 hole marathon WE WILL BE TESTED.  It's golf. It's the karma of golf. It is a rhythm. A rhythm that is very similar to a "pre-shot routine". If that routine is broken in anyway. Step away , clear the head and start routine over. O.K. It sounds like you were in a rhythm. I can almost bet that between the 9'th and 10'th something occurred. You may have went to the bathroom , kitchen , phone rang , knock at the door , but something broke your rhythm , and you didn't "Step away" and you didn't "clear the head." Just like someone who's pre-shot routine was broken , but decided to go through with an uncomfortable shot...99.9% of the time they'll be rewarded with uncomfortable results. Hope that made sense to ya' Ren. To hold an 18 hole round together you can't bring a mistake made on # 10 to the 11'th tee with you. Because you'll make 2 more at 11. Then your bringing 10 and 11 to the 12'th....and the domino disaster has begun.   It's GOLF.  It's just golf.  The answer is  focus.  Determined focus.  Course management.  Minimize mistakes. Refuse to be rattled.

Ace

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 1:25 PM

Thanks all, Ace you and YJ are probably right. For oily, when I make the turn that means I just finished the front 9.

RSS