Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Nearly impossable to beat.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 22 2010 2:37 PM (2 replies)
  • ozzy5558
    7 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 7:10 PM

After struggling to get down to pro i played one real good round went to master and steadily my avg has dropped back to almost 70. I know i just need to pratice and i will but my question is there are so many players that are pros because they play until they get down to 66 and then lose so there avg goes up and they are nearly impossable to beat any way to get these poeple up to where they should be?

• TheWombat
    23 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 12:01 PM
    I don't think so Ozzy although there may be a few, The game of golf was, is and will always be a competition against your previous best score - the continual challenge of always playing better. While it's nice to play with others and win in the end you're always really playing against yourself. I like playing with masters (Those that don't quit), they are a challenge and spur me on to play better. Sometimes I even beat them but the ultimate challenge is for me to improve my game. Good luck for the future.
  • rglrguy
    442 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 2:37 PM

TheWombat:
    The game of golf was, is and will always be a competition against your previous best score - the continual challenge of always playing better.

Well said wombat.

WGT is very similar to the real thing. I shot a 28 in this weeks 9 hole unlimited Tourney..........Well............right after that I shot a 2 over in the same tourney.  This is very similar to how I play real golf.

My son is a teaching pro (PGA member), and he does NOT play the same golf game as I do. He does , however, practice his game (not just play 9 or 18 holes......hit hundreds of balls with each club) for several hours every day.

I wager that if all the pros in WGT would practice for several hours every day, they would soon be masters. And I mean practice.............not just play several rounds.

Just my 2cents worth.....................

Rglrguy

RSS