Forums

Help › Forums

Re: club sets

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 16 2010 8:57 AM (2 replies)
  • Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 7:02 AM

I may not be the sharpest knife in the draw when it comes to this game.

Can anybody explain to me in laymens terms why in the world is the rapture pro set of clubs with 2 less clubs ie wedges is 500+ credits more than the other rapture set.

More distance is the only thing I can see any difference. Guess I will wait to be a master and save myself 600cr.

J

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 8:26 AM

Look closer at the specs for each set here...........

http://wgt.com/forums/t/6927.aspx

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 8:57 AM

I'll save you the trouble of looking it up.  The only difference is a bit more precision, one dot more, and 10 yards difference per club.  The 10 yds / club is a big difference and worth it IMO.  Some have said the longer Rapture Pro Irons ( 3I/4I) have a higher trajectory and land softer than the others.  I cannot attest to that either way, but it might be related to which ball is used.

The real benefit is its the best way to increase distance at the same, slower, meter speed.

I debated upgrading to the Pro Rapture irons for a couple of weeks. But playing against the Pro Raptures and seeing what clubs they were hitting to some of the par 3's made me decide to go ahead and get them.

Hoping to see some Rapture Master Irons and Woods with steel shafts soon  (Hint, hint WGT) with an increase in precision and distance.

RSS