Forums

Help › Forums

Re: All in one

Fri, Jan 20 2012 10:15 AM (6 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 7:46 PM

At last, I have had a game, where every complaint ever heard on here, has happened in one game. Winds, greens, club distance being off, everything you could think of in one round. I had just played this 9 hole round -5. Tried again and had to laugh my butt off. If it could happen, it did. 7 iron going 210 yrds, R11 driver with a 9mph head wind, dinged shot, goes 235 yrds, lipped putts, stopping .02 short. This was a lesson in all the problems at once. Got to the 7th hole and was laughing so hard I had to forfeit the game. I have seen it all on here, but never in one game. This is one for the books. Time to call it a night. If I can stop laughing.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 10:23 PM

sounds like a drinking problem?   lol. my nickle.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 5:08 AM

Not this time lee, could have understood if it was.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 6:02 AM

just out of interest....

how often is this sort of thing happening?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 7:17 AM

For quite awhile now, things have been pretty smooth. I will get the occasional meter spike or some little issue. The all in one I referenced, was hysterical. I mean, it had all the quirks.  No big deal, I just brought it up, because this had never happened before all in one game.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 9:00 AM

Well Renniw, after reading your post, i then went and played the last game in a CC tourny. I was currently in 2nd place with a good chance to win something. Top 3 places get prizes. I just had an exact replica of a game as you had. For example, i had a shot with my 3wood with a distance of 240yrds, and a tailwind of 15mph. I was using the NIKE distance balls and dinged the shot. it only travelled 260yrds. I expect that shot to travel a whole heep further than that, as it was on ST A number 9. As well as that, all my putts came up short on very fast greens, christ sake, i even hit a putt of 6 foot with 1 full increment  (on the 30ft increment) on a flat surface pull up short. To say im pissed is an understatement. 

The only reason im venting now is because i will get over it, but im sick and tired with WGT screwing up my game. As for the tourny, forget it, im out now. Its not over yet, but everyone here knows what happens next. I just feel like throwing this PC into Mr WGT's face right now, and demanding all the money i have ever spent on this back. 

I know i will look back on this post later, and think i shouldnt have wrote this. But i need to let steam off. Im absolutely effing raging. Vent over. 

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 10:15 AM

uuuummmmm......

well the reason i asked....... i'm not sure if i'm having the same problem.

been playing the ctth wk3 tourney this week - and probably reloaded about 300 times.

my margin for error appears to be minute, yes i'm using the starter balls but the distance of pitch is just bizarre.

i was going to suggest to ren, put up a video, but i may just do it myself - find out if others agree with the expected results.

as for your putting prob Two, one thing i have noticed on the greens is that elevation can be incorrect, for instance i just tried putting on the front left "flat" portion of st andys #1. it's quite easy to find a 6 ft putt with 1 inch down hill end point. yet the reverse putt is somehow 0 inch down ( that is the arrow is pointing down - indicating downhill less than an inch ) search 360 degrees within 10 ft an it's impossible to find an uphill putt :)

RSS