Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Changes

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 21 2012 7:56 AM (3 replies)
  • Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 6:42 AM

Looking over some old posts to see what happened 4 years ago. I wasn't at all surprised to see not that much is different now!!!!.

Some examples:

1. problem;   the swing meter has disappeared. solution;  Answer.. I'm going to guess that it's a screen resolution issue.

2. Problem...Lots of glitches left. Game freezes, incredibly inaccurate shot performance, etc. Dont bother. I am sure the good reviews are from developers or friends of...............:

Answer...No answer to this. Same as now!

3. Problem... I do not understand the lack of consistency in this game.  There are points where my game renders beautifully and I have round after round in a matter of minutes and other times when it takes forever for the game to either render, for the player to shoot (he just freezes up) or I get the unexpected error where the game has to close.  I have been trying to get this game to work for almost a month now and I am not sure what else to do, either than to quit playing.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I can put up my computer specs if that is usefu:::

1st Answer...We are looking into this. Will post back here if we have any additional questions.

hello im still waiting for any thing tell me what to do i installed a new card cost me 160 dollars  just tel me what kind of computer to try and i will get  it.me and my wife have never had a game  that we could not play.loooks like this could be the first

Final answer... we will email you regarding your issues.

We are still getting the same comments from the same people also. Has anyone seen a sentence similar to this one?

4. Problem.. I hit my second shot on the first hole and the ball rolled right over the cup.  It actually goes through the pin.  I saved my replay and can share if anyone is wondering what I was talking about. Pretty sure this is a bug. 

Answer.. Alright, so I checked out your replay.  After watching it a few times and even having to freeze frame it once or twice I feel pretty confident in saying that it's not a glitch.  The ball was just slightly off-center of the hole.  Typically in real golf, a shot approaching from an indirect angle will bounce off the pin.  Had that been an inch to the side, I think it would've hit the pin squarely and dropped for ya.

And the last one sounds like it happened yesterday!!!!

5. Problem...I just got done playing a round......Some one wrote in one of the other posts something like "Don't play too many good holes in a row the machine will not let you play well after that"  I birdied 1-2-3 got on #4 Hit a fairly good tee shot the 2nd shot..... wind is right to left at 3 MPH, I set the ball marker just off the left edge of the bunker (again wind right to left) and hit the shot on the nose......ball goes right (not straight) and ends up in the bunker....now again ball marker LEFT of bunkers wind moving to the left and hit it on the nose.....ball goes RIGHT....COME ON!!!!  Next hole hit the tee shot behind the mound right out in front of the green at 60 yards or so, wind in my face at 5 MHP (a little left to right wind) I move the ball marker left of the hole a little and hit the shot.....ball goes almost straight right, misses the green and ends up in the sand right of the green, it was like I shanked the shot and only missed the hitting the ball perfect by just a little bit. MAYBE the guy was right when said don't play too many holes in a row well or the game will screw you.

Answer...No, he was not right.  There is no conspiracy to keep scores high.  There is, however, a critical element of the game which you have not discovered yet.  Once you do, the frustration level will drop considerably.

Just a little true but sad humor, especially since these were all posted the same day!!

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 7:02 AM

I had to throw this in to. There were many, many complaints like this one and it hasn't improved in 4 years.

Problem...t must have something to do with internet connection or video card.  I am working off of a CADD/GIS workstation so it shouldn't be my vedio card, but what have you all found.  Sometimes it is smooth and I can be consitant.  Other times the power bar pauses, is herky-jerky, hard to judge.Right now I only have this program running and Outlook.  So it isn't a resources issue.

And of course the same problem had the same answer...

Answer...have you checked to see if you meet our system requirements?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 7:50 AM

I think it's improved a lot, more courses, better clubs, better balls, etc.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 7:56 AM

WGT can reply all they like with the "have you met our system minimum requirements", bottom line is, something is going on with the meter and with the game.  As with any computer game, certain "secrets" are built in to it and that is why a lot of the "gamers" that play this game can do well, they know how to unlock them and they do so.

I have spent a small fortune on my computer (memory upgrades, professional computer tech evaluations, etc.) and right now when I play, the only thing that is on is Game Booster 3, and Comodo Dragon with is used for nothing but the game.  This morning when I first started to play, I was playing in a club tournament.  Swing meter was great and smooth for the first 5 holes, then a slight screen flash after hitting the continue button and the swing meter is back to it's familiar skipping, jumping thing and my round goes all to hell.  IMHO, WGT knows exactly what it is doing and knows exactly why it is doing it.

Another great example.  The newly released Nike putter was on free rental for the weekend.  I tried it and was not overly impressed so I did not buy it.  Back to my Ghost which had been pretty accurate and forgiving in the past few weeks.  After trying the Nike, now my Ghost is probably as bad as the EZ Swing putter as far as accuracy goes,  couldn't tell you how many short (8' and under) putts I have missed since the Nike Tryout.  It's even to the point that last night I had something like a 7 footer on a flat green (#9 St Andy), absolutely no break whatsoever, and the putt rolls off to the right when it gets right to the hole.  I could expect something like that had I putted the ball just to the hole but it wasn't.  It was about a 7 footer and I putted it at around 8.  no reason for that.

I enjoy playing the game and want to continue playing but would feel a lot more confident with playing if I didn't have suspicions about the conditions under which we have to play (not course related).  I have been playing since Sept 21 and I am at Tour Master level with a 61.96 average.  I have been discouraged from going after the legend level because of some of the comments I have seen from Legends that have been there for a while and from the fact that "sandbaggers" can outscore legends due to the yardage advantage and club advantage.

When is WGT going to start doing something about these issues.

Sorry for the venting, it is what it is!

RSS