Help › Forums

Re: Do the tutorials first

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 23 2012 6:51 PM (2 replies)
  • dcwel
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 5:23 AM

Hi All,

This is an amazing game in every way ....... will sure help to take me through many winters up here in Canada. First day I joined up I anxiously jumped into a practice game and tried to figure it out all on my own. I was totally fascinated and hooked but caused myself a lot of needless frustration. I soon smartened up and next day took the time to do the tutorials and opened up the FORUMS to an on ending wealth of info .... great advise to all new comers. Next I went on to Bethpage Black for a practice round ... of course I started out shakily but steadily improved towards the 9th. Next I went on to St Andrews and parred #1  ..... totally elated!!!! Never thought I would ever get a chance to play St Andrews.

Will be out looking for a game soon..can't wait

dcwel

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 10:07 AM

Hi dc,

It is a good game and tends to get you totally hooked. 

Take your time and mess around a bit to find your shots. Have a go at the ctth's,(closest to the hole) They are free and great frustrating fun.LOL:~)) No, honestly they will help no end with your approach game as all shots are from lies directly,(and sometime's indirectly) in line with the pin. Go to the game page and go to tournaments down the bottom and you will see them. They are also on the side bar on the game page. Also, if you only want to play one hole on any course you can go to the top bar, wgt community, courses, and choose any hole on any course and you will have a maximum of 10 shots to mess around with to practice certain shots. Good for putting practice. Just approach the hole and then knock it away and try again. As soon as you hole out you have to leave and start again. also good for chipping, pitching , punching,and flopping practice.

Have fun and hope to meet some time on the green stuff.

One other thing. Try and get yourself in a country club. There are a few out there that welcome newbies. Check one called The academy,(I think).

You will get some good games there.

Best of luck.

MEL1950

• dcwel
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 6:51 PM

Great stuff Mel ..... you have given me the perfect in on getting much needed short game practice. You can even knock it back off the green back into the bunker for more practice

Thanks

dcwel

RSS