Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Attack of the frogspawn

Tue, Jan 24 2012 9:59 AM (9 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 4:08 AM

I know this ain't nothing special for a lot of you hotshots or those with aids (not the HIV kind!), but for us mere mortals this is one hell of an achievement:

Eagles missed by just a fraction on no's 3, 5, 8 and 9.  Once day (if I'm still around!) those might start dropping.

What I can't figure out though is how come yesterday I shot a 64 for 18 holes and my average went up from 63.32 to 63.33 even though I was less than 1 shot over my average.  Yet this 27 - that's 54 for 18 holes, 9 below my average - only brings it down from 63.26 to 63.24; that's a huge drop of 0.02!!!

I thought I understood maths, but I guess not.  And as I have never kept personal records of my scores, I guess there's no way of actually working it out.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 5:14 AM

Your WGT average is determined by how many friends you have over the number of strokeplay games started but not completed, but only if you made it past the 3rd hole, if previously your drives had totaled more than the last average taken from the nine previous drives on seperate courses.

Otherwise we would have all types of people with averages worth less than their stature in the community. I would have thought this was obvious obviously.

Below is an extract from a board meeting held in September 2000 and ten, at which I was taking notes for the minutes for later inclusion into the distributed copies to board members.

"... What about player averages, we clearly need to address this situation Chad?

Quite right too, my suggestion is

( here I was sort of daydreaming a bit, I mean the man has a chiseled chin, so who can blame me. Anyway, there was at this point quite a few doodles and drawings involving a very pretty and quite tall female and a man with a chiseled chin who owned a fabulously wealthy company who was quite easy to draw what with not having to bother with clothing and that. Anyway, this man who owned all that stuff really fancied the taller than average female who as luck would have it was extraordinary attractive and could fly helicopters [ see seperate media for pictures] and so he took her to his massive mansion where he sacked his wife and told her to never come back and anyway she was short and rather plain looking so what did it matter. Presently he took the marvelously tall exquisite helicopter driver female who looked so much like me around the back past the swimming pools and the croquet lawns and the paddock with a fabby stallion having a wee, all the way to a very big hanger which contained not one helicopter but more than one, all of which he said I could have so I did a deal and got him to fix my low average at the same time after which we got married just long enough for me to discover exactly how much money I would have as a widow whereupon the old wife, the short and now fat one came back demanding justice so I smacked her one and pulled her straggly hair a bit and her tights ripped so she had to go away looking a right mess but then it turned out we had to annul the marriage on account of my extreme tallness and elegance overpowering his lawyer who it turned out had a chiseled chin AND a white sports car and TWO cannondale lefties which all fit quite easily on to his 174 feet of yacht which he gave me right away only problem was they were all in Papua New Guineau so with his spare change he bought me a private jet to fly me there on Tuesday, instead of me having to go shopping with my Mum which was fine by me because she is SO fussy and a bit scatter brained about important things and I usually end up with the shoes she likes to borrow right back off me. )

So at the end of the meeting I realised I would have to ad lib a little and came up with the above average calculations. I think they are above average anyway.

Lizzie xx

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 6:26 AM

And what about the frogspawn?

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 6:33 AM

It's under the nutmeg tree.

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 6:41 AM

I think I get it. But what I find most curious is this,

LizzieRossetti:
    which all fit quite easily on to his 174 feet of yacht

You see, 174 feet is the exact same length as my longest putt here on WGT. Of all the random numbers to pick, this one was pulled out of the hat. Coincidence or frogspawn?

You decide.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 7:20 AM

No Stanley, you're missing the point. The key word is " easily

And about that, there can be no coincidence at all.

I have decided.

Lizzie xx

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 8:24 AM

I am glad you cleared that up for me. I can sleep easily now.

Thank you.

P.S. Very nice game there Mio!

I have to go shovel snow now, have a nice day!

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 8:27 AM

Thank you Sdorr.  And thank you to Lizzie too, everything has been cleared up now.  As clear as mud.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 9:36 AM

Very nice card Mio. Ive yet to achieve that from the tips so i agree it is some achievement indeed. Did it from the master tees some time back and still remember the feeling......

very well done sir.

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 9:59 AM

Spacklero:

Very nice card Mio. Ive yet to achieve that from the tips so i agree it is some achievement indeed. Did it from the master tees some time back and still remember the feeling......

very well done sir.

Well, actually, I've just remembered, it was off the master tees as it was a CC game.  But I never did it before Legend, so for me it's still an accomplishment.  Can't see me ever doing it off the back tees.

RSS