Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I Smell a Rat (lost ball to water hazard)

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 21 2012 3:50 PM (5 replies)
  • DinkMartini
    8 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 5:11 PM

Noob here.  I have played alot for the last 6 days.  Many, many holes.  Granted, I've only played Kiawah and there aren't many water hazards but I've never even been CLOSE to the water.  Today, I spent credits on three balls.  All of a sudden on 17 the ball comes off the club at a horrific angle.  Yes, I pushed a bit but have never had a nasty contact like that from the amount I was off.  Insult to injury was the bounce I got.  It kicked like a frog for water--Ugly, ugly bounce.  Scratch one ball.  Coincidence?  Doubt it.  My golf career won't survive too many stinkers like that one.

• DinkMartini
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 6:37 AM

This AM I was surprised to find that I'd been moved to the white tees and struggled a bit with faster greens.  Looks like I've jumped up a tier to pro.

In fairness, I should say that if I advanced to pro during my round last night (not even sure if it changes DURING a round), this could account for the push that plopped my ball in the drink.   From my experience this morning, missing the ding by as much as I did last night could have caused the bad shot that I was cryin' about in the last post.

Since nobody else chimed in to claim 'foul' about ball-loss I must assume that what I had was an unhappy coincidence.

My apologies for the not-so-veiled accusation.

• burnone2
    153 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 5:23 PM

i also wasted 50+ credits on 3 sets of balls and it seem like they were drawn to the water as if they were in the desert looking for a cold drink i know that there is a correlation between purchased balls and hitting the water

• Plari
    1 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2012 10:13 AM

I just buy three balls first time. Also the very first round with these balls i lost two of theme in 5 holes.   i have never lost ball in this game before.  That was last time i buy balls.

• easternguy
    301 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2012 3:50 PM

Plari:

I just buy three balls first time. Also the very first round with these balls i lost two of theme in 5 holes.   i have never lost ball in this game before.  That was last time i buy balls.

If you were playing free balls you probably didn't notice a lost ball...

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 2:06 AM

DinkMartini:

This AM I was surprised to find that I'd been moved to the white tees and struggled a bit with faster greens.  Looks like I've jumped up a tier to pro.

In fairness, I should say that if I advanced to pro during my round last night (not even sure if it changes DURING a round), this could account for the push that plopped my ball in the drink.   From my experience this morning, missing the ding by as much as I did last night could have caused the bad shot that I was cryin' about in the last post.

Since nobody else chimed in to claim 'foul' about ball-loss I must assume that what I had was an unhappy coincidence.

My apologies for the not-so-veiled accusation.

No, you won't change tiers during a game because it's done acc. to the average calculation from your final score. There is no note on the game screen but you should receive an email.

And yes, sometimes you think that there is a magnet in the weeds, in the bunkers and in the lakes pulling at the precious balls, but I think it's just a coincidence of deviations, i.e. the odd mishit, the varying wind influence as well as club & ball (un-)precision.

RSS