Help › Forums

Re: Ready-Go's

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 18 2010 8:45 AM (36 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2010 8:01 PM

NYBallerMan:
    Most folks who do the most bragging are more than likely useless on a real course.

I don't know to whom you are referring to, but I play at 7 hdcp...and wager well there...just for a coke, of course. At Valencia CC, Valencia, CA.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2010 8:55 PM
    Only thing different are the green speeds and winds. I have been fortunate to make my money almost 70% of the time and picked up my first 2 wins in the past week, and a few top 5's as well. The game is the same, the greens are different, take note of them in your upper right corner when on the green, everything from iron shots to putting will react different on slower greens than the usual fast or very fast most of us are used to at this point. Sweetiepie, you are too nice, I see your point in taking lesser players money, but they know the risks when they enter and its how we all get better playing under clutch situations. Dont let the few discourage you from enjoying the thrill of checking that leaderboard once you are atop, waiting for that last round to post before you are declared the winner. NYballer, stroke play golf is played against the course, match play and tournaments are played against your opponents, only they can beat you and claim the prize. I play match play with friends all the time, and their shots affect my choice of shots.
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 4:52 AM

NYBallerMan:

Most folks who do the most bragging are more than likely useless on a real course.

And that has any bearing on this game and this thread subject how?

Do you also state "that person is more than likely useless on a real football field!" after someone smokes you in Madden online?

• NYBallerMan
    52 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 8:03 AM

marioh:

NYBallerMan:

Do you also state "that person is more than likely useless on a real football field!" after someone smokes you in Madden online?

I don't play Madden online nor do I see the the point you are making. As far as football is concerned we're talking apples and oranges. Also, the point of the post is the varying conditions in WGT tournaments. If you have something relevant to add to further the conversation great but taking a part of the statement out of context and adding your own spin is rather passe.

• NYBallerMan
    52 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 8:04 AM

SweetiePie:

NYBallerMan:

I don't know to whom you are referring to, but I play at 7 hdcp...and wager well there...just for a coke, of course. At Valencia CC, Valencia, CA.

That's nice. Great course.

• NYBallerMan
    52 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 8:17 AM

Thanks Neil for the encouragement. The $10.00 is not the issue. The issue revolves around the changes detected in the computer environment itself. The changes in green speed and wind direction are cool. I've only played in 2 real tournaments and the greens were manicured for the events but they weren't all fast; some were slow as the drainage differed at each course location. I don't agree with the part about "who" we are playing against versus who we play "with". I don't care what my playing partners do. My focus is on the course. If I get too involved in their game, my focus goes in the toilet and the score goes with it.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 8:45 AM

NYBallerMan:

marioh:

NYBallerMan:

I don't play Madden online nor do I see the the point you are making. As far as football is concerned we're talking apples and oranges. Also, the point of the post is the varying conditions in WGT tournaments. If you have something relevant to add to further the conversation great but taking a part of the statement out of context and adding your own spin is rather passe.

I already added my relevant observation from playing in dozens of RG tournaments and having played hundreds of rounds in this game.

And what I stated was quite relevant to your whining point which I quoted.  I've seen it before on other gaming message boards.   Person X just starts to play, can't compete with players who have been playing much longer, and then posts similar comments to yours on the game's message board.

BTW, 100 credits = $1 , not $10.

RSS