Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Need Help!! Tried the Nike balls & my game went to ^@$*

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 13 2012 2:32 PM (2 replies)
  • BigRedNewfie
    205 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 1:59 PM

I decided to try a few packs of Nike balls. I found them inconsistent in yardage, especially in the wind, and the slow meter speed screwed with my timing when putting.

Here's my dilemma. I went back to my tried & true L33 Calaways (s) & now I'm lucky if my approach shots are within 20yards of the pin. I use precise calcs for my club yardage & could consistently land within 2 or 3 of my calculated yrds, even with the long irons & 3w. I tried to remap my irons for distance & wind  but I'm seeing the same inconsistencies I saw with the Nikes.

I took some notes and I've had a 6i land longer than my 5i in the exact same wind, I don't know if I'm losing my mind or just burnt out ...

Any suggestions of insights?

Newf 

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 2:10 PM

Take a short break, don't play for 48 hrs, you'll come back refreshed and everything will fall into place again.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 2:32 PM

BigRedNewfie:

I decided to try a few packs of Nike balls. I found them inconsistent in yardage, especially in the wind, and the slow meter speed screwed with my timing when putting.

Here's my dilemma. I went back to my tried & true L33 Calaways (s) & now I'm lucky if my approach shots are within 20yards of the pin. I use precise calcs for my club yardage & could consistently land within 2 or 3 of my calculated yrds, even with the long irons & 3w. I tried to remap my irons for distance & wind  but I'm seeing the same inconsistencies I saw with the Nikes.

I took some notes and I've had a 6i land longer than my 5i in the exact same wind, I don't know if I'm losing my mind or just burnt out ...

Any suggestions of insights?

Newf 

It's true! My Cleveland 100 yard wedge goes an easy 110 yds. no wind. Same with other clubs as well.

RSS